ESP Eclipse, I, II or custom any good? they are resonable priced used, worth it or not?

What's Hot
stenio83stenio83 Frets: 81

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I've never played a bad ESP.

Not sure about values though, I've not looked into it.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Love jamanese esps, you can usually get them for a good price as well, 2nd hand 700 is about usual, worth it for the quality, I would happily own one again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_BlackWolfJohn_BlackWolf Frets: 137
    edited May 2015
    I've had ESP Eclipse' as my go to live and studio guitars since 2008. For me they just work.

They can be made to play as well or better than any Les Paul standard I've tried and I play them because I love the Les Paul look but wanted a guitar with modern features. (XJ frets, Thin U neck, Lightweight, tummy cut)

Bought my first one brand new from the Fair Deal music stand at MUSIC LIVE in 2008 for £1150 (Black 4 knob Eclipse I CTM with 5 ply binding and a Floyd Rose)

Bought my 2nd one used last sept for £750, Mint condition (4 knob Eclipse I in DBSB)

As a working tool I've not used anything better especially considering the used prices.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7220
    edited May 2015
    I had an Eclipse 1 and it was a great guitar. Preferred it to most Gibsons I have played and it was built a lot better in terms of construction, finish & features.

Nice guitars and easy to mod or upgrade pickups if you don't set on with the stock EMGs / Duncans.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    ESP is my favourite guitar brand. Never played a bad one, and if I had to choose between fender, Gibson, prs or ESP I'd go for ESP every time.
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1441
    edited May 2015
    Great guitars, I previously owned an Eclipse CTM 1. I'd put the fit and finish somewhere between a Gibson and PRS quality wise.

Ultimately I sold it as I prefer the tone and physical weight/thickness of my Les Paul Standard. With that in mind, if you're looking at them as an alternative to a Les Paul, don't bother, they're really different apart from the outline of the body really.

If you're just looking for a great MIJ guitar for a decent price (I think £700 is a bargain for these) that does its own thing, go for it.