I seem to be cured of GAS

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
Never thought I'd say that I didn't want another guitar! The combination of my Feline LP, my strat build and my angel tele has really left me not wanting other guitars. It's been quite a while now and I really don't feel bothered by other ones at all. I don't do my bi weekly 'project' search on eBay any more, and the guitar projects that I am already on haven't moved in over 6 months. Seems weird. I did this once before, but with mountain bikes. I was always reading mags, looking at stuff, checking upgrades, buying better bikes. Then one day about 7 years ago I bought a Kona kula deluxe and that was it. Never bought another mag, never looked at another bike. I'd like to get my projects fired up again one day, but I really feel that the well has run dry on interest right now.
1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bluetinstarbluetinstar Frets: 14
    I think you may just be in remission ?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2476
    You just need a 335 by the sounds of it ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2184
    edited May 2015
    I was thinking this earlier, I was thinking "I wouldn't mind a custom 22". Then I thought, what on earth for? Just to have one? I think I'm more inclined to start collecting pedals.

I've actually got into cycling more, and I've thought about selling a guitar to fund a new bike. Need to get fit first! And again a bike, is a bike is a bike :P
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    there are guitars you never even knew could be so good... time will tell...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

See i spent a small fortune last year on building a partsacaster. With the idea, that I wouldn't need a real fender. Then gassed really hard for the daphne blue strat with the solid rosewood neck. I still think hmm Les Paul. But after 22 years of not owning one....again is it just to collect one? I have a fear of floyd roses, but every now and then I do fancy farting around on one. My friend has very kindly offered to lend me one of his.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited May 2015

This is all it is. GAS is incurable. There is no known cure. It can be relieved for a while...but it always. I said ALWAYS comes back. It might be just a lil pedal...or summit..but sooner or later you will fall off the wagon. And when you do you will be found lying in a gutter singing in a funny voice whilst onlookers laugh saying "he said he was cured!"

;) and :p

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    siraxeman said:

This is all it is. GAS is incurable. There is no known cure. It can be relieved for a while...but it always. I said ALWAYS comes back. It might be just a lil pedal...or summit..but sooner or later you will fall off the wagon. And when you do you will be found lying in a gutter singing in a funny voice whilst onlookers laugh saying "he said he was cured!"

To be honest, I'm thinking specifically Electric guitars here, I could see me faffing around with amps, basses, acoustics in the future (no great desire right now though). As I mentioned, I'm hoping to at least get my projects going again at some point.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    I usually think it's better to concentrate on your playing than to keep changing your gear.
    It's better to know your gear really well rather than thinking there's some elusive tone on the horizon.
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Blast!  No chance of me passing on the veneered strat for a king's ransom, then?

;)
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    axisus;642116" said:
    siraxeman said:

bluetinstar said:

To be honest, I'm thinking specifically Electric guitars here, I could see me faffing around with amps, basses, acoustics in the future (no great desire right now though). As I mentioned, I'm hoping to at least get my projects going again at some point.
    Try not to get started on acoustics. Now that's a VERY expensive habit!