Anyone do USB recording with a Blackstar ID amp?

I play quite a lot with gain, plus some reverb and delay. I like the sound of my Blackstar ID60 head through a cab at home, but if I try to record using the usb port directly into my macbook pro, it sounds more like a bee in a jar. Anyone else record with the usb? I don’t have any decent mics for recording any other way.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639

Even when recording a nice sounding amp with a good mic people often find that the sound is too thin and harsh compared to what they hear in the room. Same goes for DI'ed guitar, even with emulation.

You generally need "less of everything" when recording electric guitar. Unfortunately my ID Core 40 has flown the coop to France so I cannot do any tests (and no good asking son (luv 'im but flakey. A musician you know) .

I suggest you get onto the Blackstar forum and start comparing notes (Boom! Boom!)

Dave.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17670
    tFB Trader
    I record with my id.

What I do is put it in the mode where it records clean and dirty at the same time.

I use the dirty as a guide track and then reamp the clean with scuffham.

The sounds from the id are OK but they don't stand up to a top plugin.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28344
    I record with my id.

What I do is put it in the mode where it records clean and dirty at the same time.

I use the dirty as a guide track and then reamp the clean with scuffham.

The sounds from the id are OK but they don't stand up to a top plugin.
    Record clean and dirty at the same time? How do you do that?

Not heard of scuffham before. I think I'll download the demo, not sure my mac is up to spec though. I have to admit that I've not been keen on guitar rig or amplitube, both suffer with way too much hiss with gain
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17670
    tFB Trader
    It's one of the modes from the software. You get two lots of mono instead of stereo