Looking for 300gbp ish electro acoustic with cut away

TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7827
So i need a new electro acoustic with cut away. Small body. Was looking at takamine gf30ce and an alvarez af60ce but know nothing really.

Anyone got recommendations?

Fingerpicking strumming and soloing with live band will be the use..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Sound affects have a couple of b stock faith models on eBay for that price I'm tempted to grab one. I'll post a link when I'm not on my mobile.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 618
    You will be able to pick up a nice Yamaha APX500ii or maybe a 700 well within your budget.
    I have the 500ii and they sound good.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7827
    edited May 2015
    Thanks both, @bazxkr apx and cpx500 ii and iii are available near me. Is it worth stumping up more for the 700?
    Guess it depends on the extra to get the 700....if nominal then yeh the 700 is the better guitar.
    Andertons did a demo between the 500 & 700 on with some pretty special guest players showing them off
    here

I like the APX cos of the small body as I don't like the feel of jumbo bodies especially if you gonna play standing up too
    But it really depends on what you like and what suits you as a good fit
    Also, I don't see over £200 difference in their new prices....
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Here's link to one of the b stock faith models.     link    looks decent price for them

I really like the Takamine NEX shape and also the Yamaha APX shapes, really comfy to play live, which is why I am drawn to These guitars.

Heard a lot of good things about faith too.. 

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
    If you are looking used you could try a Yamaha AC3R or AC1R.
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited May 2015
    There was a Washburn EA20 for sale in the Classifieds a while ago - not sure whether it's still for sale. I had one of these back in the day (though mine was a 12 string) and it was a lovely guitar.
    We are all Chameleons...
    BigLicks67;644563" said:
    If you are looking used you could try a Yamaha AC3R or AC1R.
    Tried 2 ac3r today both excellent!

• woodywoody Frets: 74
    Im with john_p here..cant beat faith at that money...for me personally,yamahas at that price point wouldnt match them..
    @woody and @john_p would love to try the faith range, the Venus body looks exactly what I am after, just nobody stocks one so would be buying blind.. which is something that sacares me a bit for an acoustic.

The only place that I can get one from (and pay in local currency) are gear4music.. so how do Faith's normally play out of the box? Is the setup decent? or do they need a good setup first?

Cheers..
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I'm looking at trying a few Faith's, next week, among others. Can't wait!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• woodywoody Frets: 74
    Any ive played in shops played very well,cant guarantee that would always be the case of course...
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I went to the shop a few years ago hell bent on buying a yamaha up to £1000 in cost.

I played them all apx, cpx and some others. Even went up to £1200. 
    Didnt like a single one (which was a shock as I always loved Yamaha)
    I played a bunch of Takamine too and some other brands

I bought a Faith. It played so much better and sounded a shit load better. 

Obviously all my opinion

I would highly recommend the NTX range if you want something Nylon
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    @meltedbuzzbox which faith did you get? Not looking for nylon..

Of the guitars i have tried so far yamaha ac3r is winning.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I think its a hi gloss venus my one. 

I would have to check :-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    How are the pickups and preamp in the faith range? I seem to remember playing one unplugged a few years back and being impressed, but haven't tried one amplified.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.