great guitarist on youtube..

siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

well worth a look at if you haven't seen this guy already - great player and teacher. Goodness knows how Rob Chapman gets as many subscribers as he does compared to some far better players...but that's another discussion for another time/thread.....

Tim Pierce.........

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 918
    Tim Pierce is great - but he`s a professional guitarist that appears on YT - Chappers is a professional You Tuber that plays guitar..................... different skills and I happen to like them both, particularly the Tim Pierce session stuff where he builds a track in his home studio.

I also found Nick Johnson on YT - great (technical) player.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2622
    tFB Trader
    I like Pete Thorns demos... or maybe its the amp

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Pete Thorn is fantastic..but getting quite well known (and for good reason) but Tim Pierce as far as I know isn't nearly as well known...so thought to give him a heads up on here. :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3353
    edited May 2015
    Tim Pierce is one of my unsung hero guitarists. He's on tons of sessions, particularly AOR ones, and was Rick Springfield's studio and live guitarist for many years. He's also on Crowded House's debut album and supposedly, that's him on the rhythm guitar parts/intro of MJs "Black or white".

His body of work could probably give Lukather and Dann Huff a run for their money. Take a listen to Rick Springfield ' "Living in Oz" for perfect, short, sweet, melodic solos. The material is of its time ; ) and he has a solo album called "Guitarland" which is pretty good but it's the Springfield stuff which stands out.

Michael Thompson is another great session player whose played on tons of top 10 hits but c'mon, whose heard of him? Great sounds and playing and you can find him on the Xotic pedal videos.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Michael Thompson as in Slipknot? 
    I just started a thread in "Music" as to where people find their new music because I can't believe I missed out on Doug Rappoport - right up my street!
    As well as great guitarists... what about great groupies? I was checking out some Pete Thorn videos and found this:

Look at the doorway at 3:02... wowsers lol!!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3353
    Michael Thompson as in Slipknot? 
    I just started a thread in "Music" as to where people find their new music because I can't believe I missed out on Doug Rappoport - right up my street!
    Na. This guy -
    Gotcha, thanks!