Fender CS strap length. For the larger person..

What's Hot
EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
So I got my groovy and generally awesome CS Strat. Pretty much enjoying everything about it. Except the lovely looking strap.

Clearly Fender make these for very fat Americans. I'm 5'11" and 13 stone, so pretty much bang on average size. I've got the thing as short as it goes and it's still too long for a strat. It would be fine for a Lester or Tele if your doing Rock and Roll poses, but on a double cut??

I'm average size for a European. That means half the male population are smaller than me and a lot more of the female population. The strap is way too long for any girl under 6 ft tall unless she is really fat.

Fender Europe should really tell head office that Johnny Hilland and Leslie West are the exception over here, not the rule....
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    I believe Fenders are made in America - which may have something to do with it....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I believe Fenders are made in America - which may have something to do with it....
    except when they are made in China.... Japan.... Mexico....
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    edited May 2015
    ^ But for the American market.

I'd be okay with one as I'm about 3 stone heavier than I should be....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    It's so the guitar doesn't have so far to fall when the strap breaks.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I am curious. 
    I just put mine in the cupboard and never used it

I will check tomorrow 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited May 2015
    I'm lucky enough to have long arms as well as massive hands and spidery fingers*, so I can get away with having the guitar quite low. Strats look really good slung low. Although I've come to realise that for pose value, the optimum is a Les Paul Custom or an Iceman. Or a Junior.

*Me, earlier today:

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23782
    What kind of Fender strap is it?  

I've got some (probably cheaper) Fender straps and they're not too long for me (5'6" and 9-and-a-bit stone).  I wear my guitars quite high, too.

• 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    Sassafras said:
    It's so the guitar doesn't have so far to fall when the strap breaks.

It's a Fender, it'll be fine :)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    The strap that came as box candy with my 1973 Strat was fine for years, but I put it on again recently and bugger me if it hasn't shrunk!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Gaz
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    Mine are what I would say is the standard 54" at full extension
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I'll measure it tomorrow. It's nearly long enough for The Beagle
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 867
    I've got the same strap and it's just a touch too long for me too.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/