One of the oddest covers I've ever seen

bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
edited May 2015 in Music
If Buffalo Bill played guitar......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    Is that healthy?  Or is he just having fun?  Who knows.  Maybe that's okay in Japan, I'm thinking it would be a bit obsessive here.

But he plays good, gotta give him that.  If he wants to get the real Schenker vibe he needs to lose the tuner on the headstock and stop trimming his guitar strings so he can have the total "my guitar looks a fecking mess" thing going on.

Just musing aloud as a Schenker fan:  his last couple of albums have been great.  It ain't often that you get someone who's had glory days, then goes through a long period of producing so-so albums where he's really just phoning it in, and then gets the muse again.  The Temple of Rock stuff is brilliant.  It's different so a lot of fans don't like it but I love what he's doing on it and I'm listening to these two regularly. 

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Grunfeld said:
    Is that healthy?  Or is he just having fun?  Who knows.  Maybe that's okay in Japan, I'm thinking it would be a bit obsessive here.

But he plays good, gotta give him that.  If he wants to get the real Schenker vibe he needs to lose the tuner on the headstock and stop trimming his guitar strings so he can have the total "my guitar looks a fecking mess" thing going on.

Just musing aloud as a Schenker fan:  his last couple of albums have been great.  It ain't often that you get someone who's had glory days, then goes through a long period of producing so-so albums where he's really just phoning it in, and then gets the muse again.  The Temple of Rock stuff is brilliant.  It's different so a lot of fans don't like it but I love what he's doing on it and I'm listening to these two regularly. 

Yeah Schenker has got his shit together and his recent output has been great.  His Temple of Rock albums are some of his best stuff since the early MSG albums I reckon.