PRS SE Ace model

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
Ace gets his own PRS SE .. looks and sounds OK ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Looks great but it would have been nice to see something with more changes to the tremonti - they could have just added black to the tremonti se range (I'm think the newer ones with a trem)  and released something new.   However that is close to the guitar he uses so fair enough. 

I hope the output isn't too weak or fragile in construction ;-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mr PRS is pretty easy with handing out the sig models these days.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340

There isn't an all mahogany with a trem in the 2 SE Tremonti offerings.

The hog tremonti is a stop tail and has the Wide-Fat neck.

Think this is a nice addition to the SE range, except it's a limited edition of 180 guitars.

I'll be waiting to see what the PRS @Fortheloveofguitar signature looks like then  :))

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31252
    I thought 'Ace' was Sting in Quadrophenia?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

I thought this one had a maple cap like the tremonti?    
  • Zodiac51;644425" said:
    I'll be waiting to see what the PRS @Fortheloveofguitar signature looks like then  :))
    Well at the rate that Mr Smith is dishing them out I'll be expecting a call very soon.
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Zodiac51;644425" said:
    Well at the rate that Mr Smith is dishing them out I'll be expecting a call very soon.

SOLD! Put me down for 4 then - The SE, the S2, the USA core line and the Private Stock versions :)

• Funny really as Ace is from my town and lived just up the road from where I live now.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited May 2015
    If I had a signature PRS guitar it'd be a singlecut trem with a wide fat neck. 6100 Jumbo frets, a P90 in the neck & a ceramic hi output M series in the bridge & a series/parallel switch in the middle position of a three way switch. I'd have silhouette birds. But it'd come in a Hiscox case.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    edited May 2015
    Mr PRS is pretty easy with handing out the sig models these days.

I like Ace. He's er.....Ace.

One of the best gigs I've been to was Skunk Anansie at the Newport Centre. Muse opened for them. Skunk Anansie totally blew them away.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited May 2015
    jeztone2 said:
    If I had a signature PRS guitar it'd be a singlecut trem with a wide fat neck. 6100 Jumbo frets, a P90 in the neck & a ceramic hi output M series in the bridge & a series/parallel switch in the middle position of a three way switch. I'd have silhouette birds. But it'd come in a Hiscox case.
    Ooh this could be a good game. Yours would be awesome, in fact thinking about my ideal one makes me realise mine would be similar.

I'd have a carved-top double cut, korina body, 24 stainless steel 6100-gauge frets, wide fat maple neck, ebony board, bridge humbucker and neck singlecoil, a choice between a wraparound bridge or a non-floating Floyd, just a volume knob, a 3-way toggle mounted sideways near the bottom horn like on a Jazzmaster, moon inlays and it'd come in a range of bright solid/metallic colours or just natural. Colour-wise... orange, red, yellow, green, blue, purple. White for people with more conservative tastes too. All finishes would have a satin, unpainted neck.

Shape-wise, it'd have to be a double-cut but I'm torn between the standard Cu24 shape or the original Mira... hmmm.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23780
    I'm glad the sticker's removable!

Doesn't really appeal to me but it looks a good option for someone who'd like a Tremonti with a Wide Thin.

Philly_Q said:
    I'm glad the sticker's removable!

Doesn't really appeal to me but it looks a good option for someone who'd like a Tremonti with a Wide Thin.

The tremonti with a trem has a wide/thin neck.     This just adds a solid colour and neck binding - both of which I like.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23780
    Oops, I stand corrected.

Philly_Q said:
    Oops, I stand corrected.

I think the standard non trem tremonti se has a wide/fat,  with sold colours and neck binding,   the tremonti se custom with a trem is wide thin with flame top trans colours and no binding.     All rather confusing and for me this new model is the best of both worlds.
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 467
    Bucket said:
    jeztone2 said:
    Ooh this could be a good game. Yours would be awesome, in fact thinking about my ideal one makes me realise mine would be similar.

I'd have a carved-top double cut, korina body, 24 stainless steel 6100-gauge frets, wide fat maple neck, ebony board, bridge humbucker and neck singlecoil, a choice between a wraparound bridge or a non-floating Floyd, just a volume knob, a 3-way toggle mounted sideways near the bottom horn like on a Jazzmaster, moon inlays and it'd come in a range of bright solid/metallic colours or just natural. Colour-wise... orange, red, yellow, green, blue, purple. White for people with more conservative tastes too. All finishes would have a satin, unpainted neck.

Shape-wise, it'd have to be a double-cut but I'm torn between the standard Cu24 shape or the original Mira... hmmm.
    I'd have one of those, but only 22 frets & a tone control. 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited May 2015
    I'd have one of those, but only 22 frets & a tone control. 
    Depending on how successful my endorsement deal was and how receptive they'd be to a second signature model, I'll also do a single-cut with 22 frets and two humbuckers. And multi-ply binding, quite possibly block inlays too. And it'd come in black, among other colours... with gold hardware... can you see where I'm going aesthetically? :D

I'd still have to omit the tone control though, because I personally never use it and it's my signature model ;) And having fewer knobs looks better (why do you think naked women are so much more aesthetically pleasing than naked men?) :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12064
    Looks like a hell of a lot guitar for the money, binding, custom pick ups.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    I'd like a custom 24 with the McCarty neck in a solid colour. But really the S2 standard 24 looks pretty perfect to me