SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Fender Marauder in Lake Placid Blue

meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
edited May 2015 in Guitars £
Great little guitar these. Fender Maruader, made in China. Kyoto wood body, 22 frets, 25.5" scale length. 
I have upgraded the Trem block to a wilkinson unit which is a lot fatter. 
Its hardly been played and is in very good condition. The neck is on the thinner side and the guitar is pretty light weight. 
The stock JM pickup is pretty good to be fair. The stock trembucker is a bit marmite. The humbucker setting is good, the trembucker is more humbucker + single inbetween sound rather than all 3 coils together. I was going to put a P-Rails into this as I think it would be ideal for the guitar. 

Based in Northampton. I travel to South Cambridge 3 times a week and I am known to go up to Macclesfield once in a while

Looking for £220 on this with softcase. Can post for £20 - £25. 

Please feel free to ask any questions. 

more pics to follow 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Something something wrong section something something.

Nice though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    moved sir :-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    If only i was in the UK
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Ooh that's a bit cool.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    its friday, you have been paid, probably bored at work.

Why not spend £220 eh? ;-)

bump
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    8 months ago I was searching everywhere for one of these. Unfortunately for you I'm settled on 2 specific guitars now, and really don't require anything else.

Although it would be quite nice to have one I certainly don't need it, and I have to say that if I owned it it would get relic'd! Anyway, free bump for a nice guitar.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    When did Gillette start making pick ups ?
    capo4th said:
    When did Gillette start making pick ups ?
    it is a Fender, the best a man can get :-P
    Hello @Sarge ;

not really after a trade to be honest fella. I'm trying to strip back to the bare essentials. 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2428
    No problemo signor.
    Thats a reet pretty geetar, Glwts!
    forgot I had this listed bump