2015 Les Paul

What's Hot
deafasadeafasa Frets: 7
Hi guys and galls, this is my first post so please go easy on me. I'm thinking of buying a 2015 Les Paul Standard, I like the idea of the adjustable nut and auto tuning, but before I spend over 2 grand I would like your opinions. Cheers Stew
3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Wait.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KuroblackKuroblack Frets: 78
    You know in the movies when there's that momentary pause between the click and the BOOM - well, this is that pause :)

Here's a link to my review, have a read through it, most people found it useful.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I have the auto tuning and it isn't always accurate. Apparently its because I don't know how to operate it. To operate it on standard tuning you press a button then pluck each string separately until the light for that string goes green. Which it does and when they are all green it switches itself off. Then if a string is out of tune at that point its because you didn't press the button right or pluck the string right. Apparently.

All I'm saying is that it is not as reliable as you would expect it to be :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    jd0272 said:
    Wait.

This.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    We could probably do with a thread about the 65/68 Fender Princeton/Deluxe amps - 2015 Gibsons seem to get all the attention....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12064
    If you really want the 2015 one, wait, you'll safe about 50% probably in a few months.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    As others have said, just bide your time.  The 2015s have not been popular across the board.  Around September/October Gibson release details of their 2016 models and retailers start to dump the 2015 stock.  This is going to be more difficult this year than previous  years due to the lack of popularity.  This means you could get a 2015 at stupid prices. You may also prefer the 2016 specs and decide to wait for those to arrive.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4783
    Chalky said:
    I have the auto tuning and it isn't always accurate. Apparently its because I don't know how to operate it. To operate it on standard tuning you press a button then pluck each string separately until the light for that string goes green. Which it does and when they are all green it switches itself off. Then if a string is out of tune at that point its because you didn't press the button right or pluck the string right. Apparently.

All I'm saying is that it is not as reliable as you would expect it to be :)
    A fully charged battery makes a difference.  I charge mine about once a fortnight and it seems to help.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I'd be more tempted by one of the 2013 les Paul's people are still trying to sell and if you really want minetune buy it from eBay from the many people who are selling them from their 2015 model.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    I'm interested in a 2015 LP or SG purely for the wide neck. I'd rip out the tuners and the nut.

So I am keeping my powder dry until they start to offer them on clearance.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    ...did you know that Pheasants have the ability to predict an earthquake....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>