LP Standard for Studio money £875?!

What's Hot
andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2213
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2459

It's a beauty.  Posted seven days ago though so I'll be surprised if it's still there.

Either that or "it has got one small issue mate, the headstock has been repaired"...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2213
    @StefB I genuinely hope it's as good as it looks and will be a good bargain for someone. Last year, when I had a decent job, I wouldn't have hesitated to get this.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Wow, if I would ever buy a Les Paul, that is the exact one I'd get. I do have the money too, but why does it have to be in Scotland?!  >:D<
    It has the whole Gary Moore/Slash Derrig thing going on.

Christ somebody buy my Budda so I can get this!!

• PMT in Salford have a new tea burst one for £1299 ( I tried it out on Friday) so this is cheap but not suspiciously so...
    @badlydrawnbanjo wow, I've never seen a Standard new for £1300. Gotsta gets me to PMT more often then! So I guess Classics and Trads should be even less now s/h!
  • It's listed on the website at £1699 but it's in store for £1299.

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

A couple of really nice mint 2013 LP Standards were sold in my area for under £1k in the past few weeks. I had to drop my 2007 Standard to under £1.1 last year, and that was virtually untouched.

I'm not sure if this is a sweeping statement, but the under £1k used LP appears to be upon us.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    just need Friedmans to go for the same amount and the world is saved.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    Considering the condition (described 'as new') that looks a tremendous bargain, regardless of the market for used LP's at the moment. 

As long as the specs are what you're after.

• I'm not sure if this is a sweeping statement, but the under £1k used LP appears to be upon us.
    I bought my '96 Honeyburst Standard for £900 a couple of years ago and traded it last year for £950. Dunno why asking prices are staying high for them. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73153
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's a scam. Some red flags I can see…

The price is low-ish and not a round number. Scammers often do this for some reason.

It's in an out-of-the-way place for most buyers, hence demanding mail order and not collection.

The inspection tag is a European-market one, not British-market.

It may be genuine, being sold by someone who bought it from Thomann or somewhere like that, lives in Ayrshire, and thinks £900 sounded a bit too much, but be careful…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom