SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone heard from Hymnal??

What's Hot
strat84strat84 Frets: 322
Gave him a refund on a speaker that didn't work out for him. No sign of the speaker yet and haven't heard from him since the 1st Oct.. He did say he's out of the country a lot but I messaged him on the 13th with no reply

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    He does seem to have a habit of disappearing. I bought a gig bag from him, it did arrive all OK but there was a worrying delay and lack of communication after I'd sent the payment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 322
    Thanks mate. I'm sure it will be fine

Cheers
  • camfcamf Frets: 1195
    Yep, he was in touch with me about something he was going to sort out from months back but then disappeared again. Seems a like a busy guy.

cam f
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2754
    I hope he's ok...

If it's any use for contacting him - he just listed this on ebay.
    Thanks john p, I'll send him a message on ebay. Still no reply from him or any sign of the speaker

Cheers
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I've got to say its a poor show when sellers do this - you've got the money, send the goods. If you get held up, then send a courtesy email. Sellers shouldn't be selling stuff unless theyre completely open at the time the sale. Sh#t happens, but there is a pattern happening here.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3953
    Yeah, bang out of order. I don't care how 'busy' he might be. If he can afford time to be putting more stuff up on ebay then he should not be fucking people around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Do you have his actual e-mail address? (I think I do if you want me to dig it out).
    not_the_dj;67894" said:
    Do you have his actual e-mail address? (I think I do if you want me to dig it out).
    Yeah I contacted him yesterday through his email and he got straight back to me.. I agree if someone can list items on Ebay they should be able to reply to messages on here... All sorted now though the speaker is on its way back to me

Cheers guys
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3356
    Damn it just got my pitch fork ready,Ho hum. Glad it's sorted
    I'm still waiting for my £20 from months ago. Kind of given up now. :(
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33897
    Sounds like someone deserves some negative feedback- I don't want to be caught out dealing with someone who does this sort of stuff.
  • I think you'll find that this has all been sorted out.

I must say I've had a lot of dealings with Casper, and he is a top man.
    Not quite.. Still haven't received the speaker. Emailed him earlier and messaged him here with no reply...
    I've still not heard anything from him. It's only £20 but still, that's not really the point.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2013
    camf said:
    I've still not heard anything from him. It's only £20 but still, that's not really the point.

I think that is actually the point and you have every reason to be pissed.  When someone is selling hundreds of pounds worth of gear it would upset me more that they felt the need to do that rather than someone who I might think has hit hard times.

The funny thing is, is that I was half tempted be the Levinson Blade but.....

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    I think its quite hard faced him putting stuff on Ebay for sale when he still owes people money here etc.. But to put items for sale here is just taking the piss. I kept him updated when I was sending him the speaker and had it sent to him within 1 day. When he wanted a refund the money was sent to his account within the hour. All it takes is a quick courtesy message to say he's not sent it yet...
    Scrap that... he's just made what seems a very sincere apology and added a fiver as compensation. That's the Casper I'd previously happily dealt with and had recommended. I'm not sure what was happening with him - completely out of character - but I won't be holding any grudge and wish him well.
    He's also just let me know the speaker is in the post..