Harley Benton singlecuts?

What's Hot
BabyfrankBabyfrank Frets: 40
OK folks, first post since discovering this forum... I'm tempted by the Harley Benton LPs on the Thomann website. Does anyone have any experience with them? I particularly like the look of the Honeyburst and Goldtop models... Cheers BF
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    Hello and welcome BF!

It's a 2015 Harley Benton modding challenge, I know of at least one Goldtop in there with some real pictures etc...

Dave. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabyfrankBabyfrank Frets: 40
    Thanks Dave, some great examples there!
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1105
    edited May 2015
    I got a Honeyburst a few months back,very well made & finished for the money,hardware as you expect is a little cheap looking/feeling but it works just fine,i dropped a pair of telsa nitro's i had kicking around (there coming out to go in my Maverick pink refinish once it goes back together)

Mine out the box was semi-playable but the board needed need a good clean/wipe down oil and fret polish (no sharp edge though) plus a bit of rod tweak,i'll be replacing the tuners and the nut once im done with a few other projects (just because they feel cheap) the flame top is a venner but it does have a solid 1/4" maple cap underneath (i checked when i replace the pups) over the mahogany body.

More high res pics HERE
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    Hi and welcome to the forum.  Wis for a good opening question and because no one should have a zero score.

I toyed with buying and played a HB tele last year and was impressed with its overall construction.  Lost of chaps on the forum speak well of the HB range and that LP above looks very nice.

• BabyfrankBabyfrank Frets: 40
    [quote="Gizmo;647322"]I got a Honeyburst a few months back,very well made & finished for the money,hardware as you expect is a little cheap looking/feeling but it works just fine,i dropped a pair of telsa nitro's i had kicking around (there coming out to go in my Maverick pink refinish once it goes back together)

/quote]

Thanks Gizmo. Any thoughts on the stock pickups? Think I heard they were Wilkinson and I've got a set of their Strat pickups that I thought were pretty good.

Cheers
    Babyfrank
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    i`ve got the same as above, the HB honeyburst. yes they come with wilkinson pup`s. for the money it is a superb guitar. mine was very good straight out of the box, no real fixes needed. I need say no more!.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1105
    Babyfrank said:
    Thanks Gizmo. Any thoughts on the stock pickups? Think I heard they were Wilkinson and I've got a set of their Strat pickups that I thought were pretty good.

Cheers
    Babyfrank
    Soz BF i took them straight out while i was doing the setup/clean,there's a crazy greman guy on youtube that does very good reviews of the HB stuff here's one of his vids featuring the HB 450