Guitar > volume > amp

What's Hot
cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
Just had a practice with no pedals at all.. Just guitar (Gibson 335) > amp and using the pickup selector / volume + tone knobs.

It went surprisingly well actually, even with the studio's (very) shitty amp.

Would love to find now an amp-like pedal that cleans up on volume so can set up with whatever is the amp of the day. Anyway, it has been a very good experience and definitely made me concentrate on playing!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    All you need now is one less pickup, two less knobs, and no selector switch. Then you'll be 'proper'.

Just kidding  :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    jd0272;647318" said:
    All you need now is one less pickup, two less knobs, and no selector switch. Then you'll be 'proper'
    Until you just play acoustic then you'll be 'really' proper...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    jd0272;647318" said:
    All you need now is one less pickup, two less knobs, and no selector switch. Then you'll be 'proper'
    Until you just play acoustic then you'll be 'really' proper...

Richard, I have had to Wisdom you, as I still, for my sins, do not own such a device. And I know I should. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riccash69riccash69 Frets: 22
    I find It works really well when using Gibson style guitars, you can keep the volume rolled off for clean / rhythm sections on the neck pickup and switch to the bridge at full volume for heavy / lead parts.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    riccash69 said:
    I find It works really well when using Gibson style guitars, you can keep the volume rolled off for clean / rhythm sections on the neck pickup and switch to the bridge at full volume for heavy / lead parts.
    I usually do it the other way round. So did other people I used to hang around with. Gives you a lighter sound for the clean bits which doesn't get muddied or buried, and a full fat sound for the solos.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7353
    edited May 2015
    - are loads... So you should really only concentrate on making the very best from what you have currently under your foot in in your hands. Individual results will mean sweet FA to someone else's style and approach... In another amp what you found workable yesterday will be probably be invalid...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

yep