SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - compressor

What's Hot
markblackmarkblack Frets: 1614
edited May 2015 in FX £
I've been getting some advice from the good folks on here about what compressor to try next.

on the list are:

Shur Koji Comp
Xotic SP
IronFist Compressor Pedal
Barber tone press

Not sure if anyone is looking to part with theirs? Also open to sugestions. I'm pretty sure I want one with a blend knob.
Had a Dyna Comp but keen to try something new. Compressors are a new thing for me.

Cheers

Mark

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I'd recommend a Lovesqueeze - no need of a blend knob.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1614
    @frankus watched a few demos and it just didn't do it for me. I think Wunjo have one S/H so might pop in and have a look. ta!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    fair does, have a bump ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • FaCowFaCow Frets: 40
    I have a walrus audio deep six which is similar to the xotic in that it has the blend knob. 
  • FaCowFaCow Frets: 40
    I have an FEA Opti-FET (this thing is noiseless!)
    FEA labs Opti-FET compressor (mint except for rubber feet removed). £205 posted. 

and 

Walrus Audio Deep Six special edition anglerfish is up for grabs. This is from the original run of them in 2014. Not the second re-release more recently. Therefore it has a gloss paint finish and not the more recent matt finish.  £135 delivered. 
    @FaCow Cheers I'll do some reading and see it it's what I'm after.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Effectrode PC-2A?

I've had half a dozen compressor pedals but this is the only one I have held on to.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    While YouTube vids are usually great for pedal demoes, I'd say that they lose alot of value when it comes to compressor pedals. And this is because you need to feel the compressor. Only when you're playing with one yourself, can you find out how much of the attack it's soaking up, how it reacts to your playing. Considering that it modifies the dynamics of your playing, if you aren't the one playing, you can't know what it's really doing. 

Another thing is you'll want to do is gun the compression to check noise levels, and they usually omit to do this on YouTube vids.

If you're new to compressors, something like an MXR M87, empress compressor and Suhr Koji would be good because of the visual guides that let you know what the compressor is doing. I'm a big advocate of the Lovesqueeze and recommend that you try it out in person if you get the chance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @mellowsun - sorry not for me. Not enough space on my board.

@Branshen - good point(s), well made. Ta.