Clever wiring in new HSS Strat

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27867
Just reading the review of the HSS USA Strats in PG. Apparently they have a dual-gang volume pot to give you a 500k on the humbucker and 250k on the singles. Seems rather clever and not something I've seen suggested before.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73153
    Not really unnecessary. You can achieve that with a 500K pot and a 500K resistor.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27867
    ICBM said:
    Not really unnecessary. You can achieve that with a 500K pot and a 500K resistor.
    Sure, but doesn't that give you a slightly funny taper on the "250k" option? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73153
    Sure, but doesn't that give you a slightly funny taper on the "250k" option? 
    No, the pot taper stays the same, you just change the loading on the pickups. It's adding resistors across the top or bottom sections of the pot that change the taper.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein