Akira Takasaki from Loudness

BucketBucket Frets: 7752
edited May 2015 in Guitar
Amazing, amazing player - up there with the best 80s rock guitarists, I think. Criminally underrated.

Here he is - great playing throughout, but the best bit is obviously the solo at 3:28. I love the doubling and the harmony bits near the end, the lick in octaves at 3:45 is AWESOME:

This was the first I heard of him I think, at 2:55... killer. Weirdest video ever as well, my favourite bit being the guy just chilling in a hole in the ground at 1:54.

They play around with time signatures a lot on this one, I've been learning it on bass and that main riff is an absolute bitch. Nice melodic solo from Akira at 2:45, and yet again the lyrics and video make little sense. Mind you, in terms of language and culture barrier they're not as badly affected as a lot of Japanese bands - they had a lot more potential to break through to the west but never quite made it.

Great player then. But would you just check out some of his signature ESP models... only available in Japan, naturally.

There's a mini one with a built-in speaker too, if you can believe it:

There's also some slightly cooler ones - I do quite like this:

And this is basically a replica of his original Random Star he used as his main guitar in the 1980s:

Just felt like sharing those :D
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom