Glorious Union.

What's Hot
streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I saw that earlier today and I still haven't worked out what all the switches are for?

I expected a JM sig to have a trem - I'd say the new vela model with a trem and piezo pickup would be a good guitar for him.  (and me ;-) )
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22860
    Is that real?  It's got more switches than my BC Rich Mockingbird.

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    There should be a guitar, for each humbucker, there is 4 switches and 2 pots. 
    First switch chooses if it is on or not.
    Second if it is in humbucking, or single coil mode.
    Third is a phase switch
    Fourth switches between series and parallel
    There is then a tone and volume.

It would be even cooler if it was electronically controlled, and you could save presets.
    edited May 2015
    Third is a phase switch

It would be even cooler if it was electronically controlled, and you could save presets.
    Something like this (I couldn't find a picture of a miniswitch, and couldn't fit 4)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Third is a phase switch

What like the Gibson dark Fire and Dusk Tiger do, welcome to 2008.
    ;)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Series/parallel switches? individual pick up on/off switches? Phase inverters? Far too many switches for my small little brain. Surprised if it'll be a signature model?

Then again I'm guessing John mayer is still a big deal?
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    DrJazzTap;651205" said:
    Then again I'm guessing John mayer is still a big deal?
    I don't 'get' John Mayer - but he sells a lot of records.

He'd almost certainly be the most commercially successful artist they have if there is an endorsement deal with him.

And he would probably take the brand to a bluesier, rootsier audience than it reaches now.

Still too many switches though....
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    I get John Mayer, he's a very talented bloke that comes across as a right twat. Can't deny his gift though. Having said all that, that is one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen in my life. Why can't he just play a 335 through a super reverb.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    johnnyurq said:
    Third is a phase switch

;)
    Those are different, they are trying to do more than normal controls are doing. What I propose is more simple, it is just a preset system, like on amps with presets.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Dude needs to ditch all those switches, pick up either a DC LP jr or an Esquire ideally with a monster neck and a real bitch of a pickup and jut have it...
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Hopefully one of the switches turn off the stripes, reminds me of a mint humbug. Utterly awful to my eyes
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I really like it apart from the tiger stripe maple top, the pickups, the switches, the control knobs and the contours of the body. Otherwise, it's lovely.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Too much. Just way too much!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited May 2015
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    johnnyurq said:

olafgarten said:

There should be a guitar, for each humbucker, there is 4 switches and 2 pots. First switch chooses if it is on or not.Second if it is in humbucking, or single coil mode.Third is a phase switchFourth switches between series and parallelThere is then a tone and volume.

;)

Those are different, they are trying to do more than normal controls are doing. What I propose is more simple, it is just a preset system, like on amps with presets.
    No worries only pulling your leg.

But in actual fact the parameters you mention are exactly what can be saved as a preset on both the Dark Fire and Dusk Tiger.

Add piezo and also the tunings etc you can indeed save all the variations of the magnetic pickups like swicthing coils on or off plus  phase too, albeit not by a load of switches bar the usual suspects.

The various pickup and tone options can be fine tuned to give a huge variety of tones and teh software allows you to save a library of them and 25 or so presets on the guitar.