Polytune users please help

What's Hot
stenio83stenio83 Frets: 81
As its a guitar tuner issue I felt it was appropriate to post in the guitar section. Hope that's ok??..

Anyhow here's the issue I want to try the other tuning modes so I select the mode with the button on the left then I wait a few seconds and the mode for example 'B' flashes one would assume it's ready to tune in 'B' but when I pluck the string the needle shows the E string is in tune but it's tuned to standard E tuning???? And not the drop mode I selected. It's the same through out doesn't mater which mode o select it shows it is in tune to E mode??? Is it faulty?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    I think when you're setting the alt tuning mode, it's still not the default. Once you've set it, try holding down the footswitch for a few seconds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    The 'B' I think means it's in bass guitar mode
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    On the original polytune, one of the buttons (the left?) switches the instrument and display modes, between guitar (needle display), guitar (strobe-like display), bass (needle) and bass (strobe). The "B" indicates bass, as @lincolnblue says. The other button (right?) handles drop tuning - press it once for each semitone down, and when you press it it should display what you are dropped down to. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221

The drop tuning settings only relate to the polyphonic tuning mode. Whatever you've got it set to, plucking a single string (which is what it sounds like you're doing) will send it in to chromatic mode, which will act like a regular tuner- telling you what note it can "hear" and whether it's in tune or not.

If you haven't already, RTFM:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/218185/tc_electronic_polytune_manual_english.pdf

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• stenio83stenio83 Frets: 81
    english_bob;654941" said:
    The drop tuning settings only relate to the polyphonic tuning mode. Whatever you've got it set to, plucking a single string (which is what it sounds like you're doing) will send it in to chromatic mode, which will act like a regular tuner- telling you what note it can "hear" and whether it's in tune or not.

If you haven't already, RTFM:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/218185/tc_electronic_polytune_manual_english.pdf

Hey man thanks for the 1st part of your
    Reply, It deserves a 'wisdom' :)

Unfortunately the 'RTFM' comment means you get 'SWEET FA'

BTW Brought this second hand with no manual or box and I did read the PDF just didn't find it clear hence the question.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221
    stenio83 said:
    Hey man thanks for the 1st part of your
    Reply, It deserves a 'wisdom' :)

Unfortunately the 'RTFM' comment means you get 'SWEET FA'

I am sad and I will cry. Still, happy to have helped.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom