filtrons and humbuckers?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
So, I've got a guy local to me selling a start with some filtron style pickups in. Thing is, I don't really need then but it's nearly there to a humbucker set up.

I think I know the answer to this but can filtrons do rock? And are the pick up holes the same size as humbuckers?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27005
    Malcolm Young says yes. So does Chris Cornell. Awesome pickups
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72361
    Jetfire said:
    I think I know the answer to this but can filtrons do rock? And are the pick up holes the same size as humbuckers?
    Yes, and no.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10449
    edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    No they are smaller than standard humbuckers by some way ... there are several UK makers (me included) who do Humbucker sized ones however. My own Oil city Cow-T-Rons below:

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    anything can do rock. Its about how you play, not what you play ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    If nothing else, depending what they actually are they might be worth a few quid and you could maybe flog em on and buy some humbuckers instead. Course as Ash points out there are Filtertron types that are the same size as regular buckers and your more original ones which are a bit smaller.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Do you know what model they are G ?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Not yet but I'm still looking at options so it may not happen...
  • TheGuitarWeasel;653165" said:
    No they are smaller than standard humbuckers by some way ... there are several UK makers (me included) who do Humbucker sized ones however. My own Oil city Cow-T-Rons below:
    Best bucker ever.

:)