SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT Mesa TA-30 Head (and matching 1x12)

What's Hot
EvoEvo Frets: 327
Hi guys,

As much as I love this amp, I think I need something a bit more substantial. I play in a six piece and rarely get mic'd up, so despite the fact that I hate lugging heavy stuff around, I fear I might have to admit defeat and look for a bigger rig. 

My gut instinct says i'm after a head and 2x12 type setup but I don't have my heart set on anything so feel free to try me with 4x12's and combos. 

I put the matching 1x12 in brackets in the title as I imagine a few people might be interested in separating the two. I'm open to the idea, but as I gig very regularly then I need to make sure I don't leave myself rig-less by getting rid of my only cab before i've replaced it! So ideally i'm after a straight out swap with head and cab but if a good head comes along then I will keep the cab up for grabs on here (just not the other way round if that makes sense)

Anyway, here's a pic. Includes the mesa carry case too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChéChé Frets: 305
    Got a Fender Supersonic 22 if you're interested. Only 22 watts but very loud. So much so I've not used it above 4 on the clean channel and I play in a 7 piece.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvoEvo Frets: 327
    While I'm pretty sure that fender's idea of watts are louder than almost all other amps, I'm not sure 22 will be quite enough. Don't get me wrong, this can just about cut it. But it means pushing the clean channel a bit too close to grit for my liking. If we're in a larger venue then my funky spank starts to get a bit mucky (as well it should when it's getting cranked to 7or 8)
    Your band must be loud! Sounds like you need a Fender Twin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    ^ perhaps a '68 Custom Twin Reverb would see you right.  It just so happens........
  • Bandmaster

Its always the Bandmaster
    Some good directions here, I've actually never tried a fender twin or a bandmaster.

My only thought is if they can pump out the more modern tones? I'm not looking for a metal machine but some high-ish gain would be useful
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    You are never going to safely push a Twin into that kind of gain/volume.  However, as a blank clean canvas to put whatever your chosen drive/distortion pedal through it is hard to beat.  I keep thinking of selling my one but very time I plug in and turn on I'm so impressed by the quality and quantity (air movement, not volume) of sound that comes out.  Try one. Really.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    I really fancy trying out one of these but my fear is that a; I would end up trying to make it sound like an AC30 and b: all I have to offer is an ac30 which isn't gonna be louder anyway! But on paper these amps look the tits!
    Check out the SS22 demo. The Burn channel can go from vintage pushed, crunch and high gain stuff. Mainly just by playing around with the EQ.

A Fender Twin is definitely a clean pedal platform. You'd need something like a Mesa Throttle Box to get high gain tones out of it.
  • Any price in mind for an outright sale?
  • rocker6rocker6 Frets: 19
    Blackstar s1 45 2x12? Very loud
  • rocker6rocker6 Frets: 19
    Blackstar s1 45 2x12? Very loud
  • KevKahunaKevKahuna Frets: 11
    Lonestar Classic ?   

Lonestar classic could be interesting, could you send me some pics and i'll look into them. The blackstar is closer tone-wise but i've just never liked the look of blackstar combos, just head and cabs from them. 

Hadn't really decided on a price as I don't really know what they go for, but as a ball park figure i'll say £1100 for the two?
    Where are you located ? 
    Market Harborough in Leicestershire
    edited June 2015
    OK...I'm in East Sussex, but am visiting my Son in Cambridge at the weekend if that is any good. I'll message you.

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    Evo said:
     If we're in a larger venue then my funky spank starts to get a bit mucky
    Eew.  That's naaasty.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

Evo said:
    Lonestar classic could be interesting, could you send me some pics and i'll look into them. 

Any more thoughts on this ?
    Evo said:
    Lonestar classic could be interesting, could you send me some pics and i'll look into them. The blackstar is closer tone-wise but i've just never liked the look of blackstar combos, just head and cabs from them. 

Hadn't really decided on a price as I don't really know what they go for, but as a ball park figure i'll say £1100 for the two?

Sorry guys! Didn't mean to disappear there! Not quite feeling the lone star I'm afraid, I had a stiletto head for a while which was a great clean tone but also lacked the modern crunch I like. It seems like the lone star would have the same issue. Sorry for sounding picky! I'd be open to a part ex + cash if anyone's interested in that type of thing?