How To Do A YouTube Demo In Three Easy Steps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16400
    Clarky said:

the video must be shot either in the:

- kitchen / dinning room

- the lounge and from time to time you can hear the kids arguing with mum [US: mom] upstairs

location location location... lmao

Black Country : mom. If the Americans spell it that way they nicked it from us.

Back to the demos - shed loads of delay on at all time and if demonstrating a guitar or bass the always use the classic open crotch shot, ideally whilst wearing overly tight shorts. 

Also, advanced technique here - put subtitles on the video with technical information but ensure that it in no way corresponds to what is occurring at that moment in the video. 

Ooh, and don't forget if you have a looper always use that to build up a multi layered track  which demonstrates your skillz on guitar, that you own a looper and to achieve that much desired mushy sound. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7386
    Chalky said:
    Don't forget to open with something like "this is only going to be a short demo so I'm only going to talk a little..." and then talk for a minimum of 3 minutes and come across as a complete wanker.

To improve your video first say "here is a demo of the guitar" and play an E major chord. Then say "Here is a demo of the pickups" and play an E major chord. The do the same for a demo of the cable, demo of the amp, demo of the speaker, cab, strings, pick etc. Make sure you play the E major chord in exactly the same way every time. This will maximise the value of your demo...
    I really more looking for a guitar that can do C minor.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5032
    Wear a flat cap.  Or one of those cheap Fedora clones.  Or a wide hairband....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11768
    tFB Trader
    I agree that way too many of the Two Notes demo clips have all been djent/metal  through a dual rec.

I have a Torpedo live and as soon as I get my shit together I'll start making bad demo clips

RHC - did you see the Pete Thorn Torpedo cab demo?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521

Cheers @felineguitars, hadn't seen the PT one (I think I was searching under the all-in-one load box one) so I'll give that a watch.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited June 2015
    I've even seen some pedal demo's where you can't see the guitarists socks.. wtf!!
    Hairy feet
    Looks like some people have been watching your demos @Lew ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7353
    I always love it when you can wack the reverb up so it sounds all wooshy and spalshy and makes my ears tingle...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    oh and 'I love it too' #2 - when you go to look up a  How to Play xxx on Guitar and they insist on over aggressive distortion tone... love that...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    (Although I might run off with your money and buy a nice guitar.)