SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2005 Gibson Les Paul Classic w/upgrades FT

Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1198
edited June 2015 in Guitars £

Hey guys,

So this is my Gibson Les Paul Classic from 2005 in honeyburst (plaintop but with very nice grain) with a 60s neck. It's got a few little dings here and there, all honest and none structural and certainly nothing to cry about for a ten-year-old guitar that's been played a lot..

I've upgraded it with a Seymour '59 neck humbucker in the bridge (which totally works for that vintage gain thing) and I put a cover on the stock neck 496R. I've also fitted a Faber ABR-59 bridge and OEM historic pickup surrounds. The hardware has been gently aged just to knock the sheen off but nothing drastic. It has the "snot green" fretmarkers and tuners, which on this example (I picked it out from a dozen they had at the store) are not all that green at all. I have all the original hardware, I think, so it can be returned to stock if you prefer.

It comes in the snakeskin Gibson USA case with the grey furry bits - shroud and sash still intact, but the handle fell to bits and is currently replaced with a DIY job that I made up from a wrapped spare guitar lead, which is actually a decent fix. All clasps and lock work fine.

Aaanyway.

In exchange for this very very nice indeed piece of gear I would like one of them Fender '52 AVRI Telecasters (or similar), plus a couple hundred quid.

I'm in Preston Lancs. Can post, can't travel.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1198
    PS it looks more orange in the pic than it is. In real life it's like a honey-caramel colour. I'll get some better shots if I can.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Nice guitar. I had a 2003 Classic just like it. Except mine weighed 11lbs & had a mahogany back with tight grain. It looked like marble & felt like marble. I used to call it The Millstone, then I sold it a geezer in a Gary Moore tribute act.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Trade for my PRS Swamp Ash Special? :)
    edited June 2015
    No thanks, really only interested in teles.
    I'd also take a grand shipped if someone wants to pay for it.
    Bump. Open to other offer combos as long as a tele is involved. Could even be tempted by a MIM classic or roadworn if the deal is right.
    Bump!
    Now gone.