PSA: Fender reductions at Andertons...

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2457
edited June 2015 in Guitar

...with other shops doubtless to follow with similar or better prices - http://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/eol-fender-guitar-sale?utm_campaign=150601JuneOffersDAY&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

The HH American Standard Strat & Teles appear to have been short lived, and who'd have thought the channel bound necks wouldn't be a runaway success.  Might be deals to be had for anyone in the market for a brand new guitar, but £999 is still too much (in my old fashioned mind, and inflationary/exchange rate arguments aside) for an American Standard Fender given what can be had at second hand prices nowadays.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited June 2015
    Is it 5% off ?

Oh no it's buy an overpriced Aztec gold guitar for a grand and get a free £30 pedal...  

Genius marketing......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2457
    I've not looked that closely, it just says 'sale' and is in the same style Andertons used when blowing the Mexican FSR and American Thinline stuff last year.
    To be fair someone did save £149 on a £2149 Fender custom shop ....

I am blown away by these bargains where is my credit card I must grab my cheap Chinese pedal before midnight tonight....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Nothing like the deals they had last year. 

Last year they had the American Vintage 69 & 72 tele's reduced to £750. I bought one of each and got them for £700 each.

This year they're reduced to £899. 

Hardly a deal in my eyes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23715

I had a look, but nothing I fancied and they didn't seem to be massive savings (although I wasn't looking that closely).

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    Is this a reasonable deal?

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid38734/cid671/fender-american-standard-stratocaster-hss-in-ocean-blue-metallic.asp

We were blessed with a second child last week so am looking for a 2015 guitar to put away for when she's older.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Congrats @Iamnobody Blue for a girl ? Wait another 4 weeks and prices will tumble further.....
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    edited June 2015
    capo4th;655607" said:
    Congrats @Iamnobody Blue for a girl ? Wait another 4 weeks and prices will tumble further.....
    Yep blue! And thanks.

I've got the girlie side of things covered with Hello Kitty Strats for them.

I was waiting to step in at the right time and get a TV yellow junior which are now under £600 and probably will stick to that plan. As I'm dead curious about them myself.

But although blue that sparkly Strat might appeal more?

Just want to get them a nice higher end guitar each - something decent if they learn to play and something that I can take out the case now and again and play in the intervening years. Then when they hit that age (whatever it may be) they can do what they like with them.

I'm under no illusion that it will be highly unlikely either will play and I won't push them but they opportunities will be there. In fact I'd much rather they tried piano...

Previously known as stevebrum
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3704
    Iamnobody said:

I'm under no illusion that it will be highly unlikely either will play and I won't push them but they opportunities will be there. In fact I'd much rather they tried piano...

You are right there Steve, I've got three sons and although they messed around a bit none of them stuck with the guitar.

I guess it's just wish fulfillment from proud parents.
    ;)