GAK madness

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4768
I bought an LP Special - yellow/DC/2015 - from GAK when it was reduced to £569 as it was ex-demonstration.  I sent it back as we didn't get on and it seems to be back on sale at £699 - ie. normal price - but described as reduced as an ex-demonstration.

Excuse me?
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richhrichh Frets: 453
    It has obviously gone up in value as being pre-owned by yourself.  A bit like Clapton raising the value of guitars he used.  Now if you can flog off all your old crap at inflated prices you'll be onto a winner?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    It's to do with their system and Google or something :D
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2457
    edited June 2015

Thomann on the other hand don't appear to have any such restrictions on their (many, many 2015 Gibson) B-stock returns, having the same guitar for £553 (plus exchange rate swindle etc) - http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_lp_special_double_cutb_stock_2.htm 

It's a bit like Rich Tone having a second hand TC Electronic MojoMojo pedal for sale for £49 + £10 postage I guess...

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Oh dear....

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Your sweat is more valuable than you think
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    To be fair, it does now come with a free 'slapintheface'
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I don't want to open a can of worms but can someone please explain to me what Google has to go with the GAK website?  I kept reading how Google won't let GAK "list items as available for order if they are out of stock" in the other thread and had no idea what the guy was on about.  I don't understand what Google has to do with another website only than indexing it for search results....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    bingefeller;655565" said:
    I don't want to open a can of worms but can someone please explain to me what Google has to go with the GAK website?  I kept reading how Google won't let GAK "list items as available for order if they are out of stock" in the other thread and had no idea what the guy was on about.  I don't understand what Google has to do with another website only than indexing it for search results....
    Shhhhhh they will shout :D

• bingefeller;655565" said:
    Don't start GAK up again.

They Wah Wah more than a fucking Jim Dunlop on the subject.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    It's to do with the Google Shopping part of the page.  If you google a particular guitar model then hit the shopping tab at the top of the page, it will give you a list of lots of retailers that sell that model and it's price.  If it's listed as out of stock then it will not appear on Google Shopping at all.  By flouting the 'out of stock' rules the companies can keep their profile on the Shopping page when they shouldn't really appear as they don't have the item.  

To be fair, they can order the item, so essentially they are able to supply it, but maybe not immediately.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2015
    It's to do with the Google Shopping part of the page.  If you google a particular guitar model then hit the shopping tab at the top of the page, it will give you a list of lots of retailers that sell that model and it's price.  If it's listed as out of stock then it will not appear on Google Shopping at all.  By flouting the 'out of stock' rules the companies can keep their profile on the Shopping page when they shouldn't really appear as they don't have the item.  

To be fair, they can order the item, so essentially they are able to supply it, but maybe not immediately.

Ah right fair enough. Quite sneaky of them, I just thought the guy from GAK was talking shite but I guess that's why he didn't explain it, because it seems to be a dirty trick.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    bingefeller;656164" said:
    GuitarZero said:

bingefeller said:

Ah right fair enough. Quite sneaky of them, I just thought the guy from GAK was talking shite but I guess that's why he didn't explain it, because it seems to be a dirty trick.
    Ah there's that elephant, it was in the room the whole time :D

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog;656183" said:
    [quote="bingefeller;656164"]GuitarZero said:

bingefeller said:

Ah there's that elephant, it was in the room the whole time :D

[/quote]

Which is why he took his ball and went home.

Rumbled!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobliefeldbobliefeld Frets: 425
    Google Shopping thing isn't true at all.  It sounds kinda true and would be in some circumstances but doesn't apply to what people are accusing GAK of.

If your google shopping feed says a guitar is in stock and your site says it's in stock then Google don't really have anything to go on.  They can't really place an order for everything on your site.

• bobliefeldbobliefeld Frets: 425
    There's a bunch of technical reasons too but no one wants to talk about xml feeds.

Most (if not all) of the retailers listed on Google Shopping use it, so I think it's unfair to castigate any one company for it.  If I had a business, I'd probably do it as well.  The retailers have to pay a fee to get listed on this part of the website so some smaller retailers may get less coverage due to their own financial constraints.  I don't know how much the charges are however.
  • danodano Frets: 1613
    rlw;42810" said:
    I bought an LP Special - yellow/DC/2015 - from GAK when it was reduced to £569 as it was ex-demonstration.  I sent it back as we didn't get on and it seems to be back on sale at £699 - ie. normal price - but described as reduced as an ex-demonstration.

Excuse me?
    Maybe @Yoseph from GAK wants to comment on this ?

Most (if not all) of the retailers listed on Google Shopping use it, so I think it's unfair to castigate any one company for it.  If I had a business, I'd probably do it as well.  The retailers have to pay a fee to get listed on this part of the website so some smaller retailers may get less coverage due to their own financial constraints.  I don't know how much the charges are however.
    Not sure I'd be shopping at your place to be honest with you @GuitarZero.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Why?  

Let's take a hypothetical situation.  My Company (which doesn't exist obviously) offers great customer service, competitive pricing and excellent returns policy, yet navigates it's way around the Google Shopping restraints to maximise the number of visits sites in the hope of those visits turning into sales.

I don't see the issue.

I think the biggest issue GAK have in this area is that people are complaining that their wording can be misinterpreted and so people are pressing buy without realising that the item isn't in stock.  They should make it clearer for buyers, and hopefully after reading the last thread, they will, but I don't see why they should change the way they use Google Shopping, particularly when all their major competitors are doing the same thing.
    Why?  

Let's take a hypothetical situation.  My Company (which doesn't exist obviously) offers great customer service, competitive pricing and excellent returns policy, yet navigates it's way around the Google Shopping restraints to maximise the number of visits sites in the hope of those visits turning into sales.

I don't see the issue.

I think the biggest issue GAK have in this area is that people are complaining that their wording can be misinterpreted and so people are pressing buy without realising that the item isn't in stock.  They should make it clearer for buyers, and hopefully after reading the last thread, they will, but I don't see why they should change the way they use Google Shopping, particularly when all their major competitors are doing the same thing.
    It would be annoying if stuff was advertised as being available, and you ordered it, only to get a call saying it wasn't available.