SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Matamp First Lady Head and Swart Night Light Attenuator

strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
edited June 2015 in Amps £
Didn't think I'd be selling this as it sounds glorious, but I'm looking to move this on. I've too many guitars and amps, and not enough time to play, so getting rid of the last guitar and amp that came in.

Matamp First Lady head

Built by @martinw back when he worked at Matamp, so needless to say build quality is impeccable (turret board etc).

Cathode biased EL34 and 6V6, ~7 watts in 6V6 mode, ~12 in EL34. Exceptionally loud, easily has the ability to annoy your neighbours in a detached house (can vouch for this).
Sounds marvellous, sort of tweedy in 6V6 and sort of Hiwatt-y in EL34.

6 position "voice" switch can go from bright and clean to thick and sludgy and everywhere in between
Very versatile interactive tone stack
"Attack" knob alters the negative feedback loop to add or remove gain and attack
Built in spring reverb
Series effects loop
4/8/16 ohm outputs

Really excellent condition, a couple of minor marks on the tolex.

Some low gain sound samples (not just as dynamic as it is usually as I was using an attenuator) here:

Looking for £450 (cab not included but might sell for £250 if bought with head, it's an open back with an 8 ohm Celestion Greenback)

Also selling my Swart Night Light Attenuator
Excellent attenuator, typical Swart attention to detail, has a "compression" mode which adds optical/filament compression to the sound, sort of makes it more spongy.
Perfect condition, comes with spare bulb.
Rated up to 22 watts if you use the bulb, 30 if you dont
4 levels of attenuation available.
4-8 ohm load

More information HERE

I'm looking to get what I paid for it, so asking £150

If bought together I'll throw in a good quality speaker cable and do both for £575, if buying the cab too will do the head, cab, attenuator and 2 speaker cables for £825

Collection from Belfast

Not really looking for trades, although might consider a nice low wattage combo

See my thread in "guitars for sale" for a lovely 2014 Gibson SG also for sale
Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    If I was near Belfast I'd have this as a spare for mine! ... I use this exact set up... And it sings.... And I have a clean boost for solos and a tuner, that's it. The amp is capable of everything that's short of metal. Hope sale goes ŵell . Gu
  • Greetings, I was wondering is your Matamp First Lady still available? Many thanks, Paul
    22 August 2015