Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    "It has been held by slash"

I can just imagine an image of slash sitting in the Gibson factory, lifting each of the guitars, and then putting them down again so Gibson can sell them for more.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Been covered in 2 threads on here already, to sum up.

.One of the first run of 50
    . Pretty rare guitar, first one I've ever seen for resale
    . Truly custom shop with a lot of hand work
    . Signed and photographed with Slash
    . Never going to be reissued
    . Great investment piece if you could get 3 or 4 k off it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5113
    Oops, I missed those threads. It's been for sale for a while then?

£28k would buy you a very good vintage guitar with real investment potential. Or 10 x R9s!
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    fretfinder;656263" said:

£28k would buy you a very good vintage guitar with real investment potential. Or 10 x R9s!
    It was on eBay.

My argument is this, I'm a huge slash fan but think the guitar is ugly as hell but as one of the last group of guitar heroes this will go up in value in the next 20 years or so. It's guitar very difficult to fake and there's probably say 40 of them in the world, even less that have been signed and even less again that have photographic evidence of it.

It's ugly, it's very expensive but as a pure investment, I'd say it's as close to a safe bet as you can get long term.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    It's not like Slash was a ground breaker though, in the history of guitar he's no Jimi Hendrix.
    edited June 2015
    GuitarMonkey;656296" said:
    It's not like Slash was a ground breaker though, in the history of guitar he's no Jimi Hendrix.
    By that argument no one else was Jimi Hendrix either apart from Hdenrix :D

The group of guitarists that came through in the late 80s are more than likely the last set of guitar heroes, there will be no more after them. By that I mean guitarists that non guitar players know by name and sight.

Ground breaking or not he has had a huge influence on people and I would guess that 25% of people who play that are around the 40 years old mark were in to him at some point. This will effect the resale of said guitar when he's gone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7353
    ooh - reminds me... I need a slash...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

'It is single handedly the most amazing guitar I have ever seen.'

He's easily pleased then. I have no idea about it's collectability, intrinsic value etc etc. but for sure that is a shit looking guitar.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Does anyone seriously think that someone with 28K to spend on a guitar will be surfing Gumtree?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    That may be true (although up and coming guitarists who grew up in the 90's may disagree) but with 2 signature Marshalls and a heap of Gibson models, his brand is pretty secure for the next 20 years.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    CHRISB50 said:

...for sure that is a shit looking guitar.

that as well.
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 294
    underdog said:
    fretfinder;656263" said:

It was on eBay.

My argument is this, I'm a huge slash fan but think the guitar is ugly as hell but as one of the last group of guitar heroes this will go up in value in the next 20 years or so. It's guitar very difficult to fake and there's probably say 40 of them in the world, even less that have been signed and even less again that have photographic evidence of it.

It's ugly, it's very expensive but as a pure investment, I'd say it's as close to a safe bet as you can get long term.

Buying £28k's worth of gold would be a significantly safer investment. Or £28k's worth of 1954 Gold Top, come to that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Blacksheep;657047" said:
    underdog said:

fretfinder;656263" said:Oops, I missed those threads. It's been for sale for a while then?

It was on eBay.

Buying £28k's worth of gold would be a significantly safer investment. Or £28k's worth of 1954 Gold Top, come to that.
    I'm just saying, don't shoot the messenger, like I said I think it's ugly as sin :D

Look at Dave Grohl and the trinny, first run of them brought hideous used prices, as they were (an actual) limited run, which of course have since been reissued.

This will never be reissued, is part of the first 50 (50 more got made) has been signed and held by the man himself, and they weren't cheap to begin with. Also I honestly think it's the only Sig of his that was actually driven by him, not by Gibson wanting something to sell.
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 294
    edited June 2015

Absolutely. I wasn't questioning the logic of what you say.

More the mindset of someone who would pay £28k for a guitar autographed by Slash, or indeed anyone.

I wonder if any star guitarist approached by Gibson/Fender et al to do an over-priced endorsement has ever told them to shove their corporate bullshit? Sadly, probably not.