Cort guitars any good?

What's Hot
xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
Mainly a Strat player but I'm after a HB equipped guitar to tonk about on during heavier moods.

The Cort M600 looks interesting, a sort of Lester/ Prs hybrid.

I've got an old Squier Cort made bass, but have no experience of the guitars.

Are they worth a try?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Got one of those M600s myself, it's a nice bit of kit - needs some setup work which I haven't got 'round to yet but it sounds pretty great as-is and has the feel of a well-built instrument. Not too heavy, either (I'm getting old, these things matter now ;) ).
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Nicely made and well finished generally. Cort manufactures for lots of other brands too. Ethically they are dubious at the very least. A lot of labour relation issues and nastiness. If that matters.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Slightly dull but excellent quality. They make stuff for pretty much all the USA brand who have asian offerings. I quite fancy a Matt Bellamy model.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    @stickyfiddle Duly noted. Does look a little generic but sort of ticks the basic boxes in terms of spec.

@Richardj Interesting. Some food for thought there.

Thanks all.

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    FWIW, I always preferred the Cort M body to the PRS double-cut shape. Good old Cort.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Don't know about the electrics but Mrs speshuls cost acoustic is nice to play
  • Had an M600 for a while and loved it! Had to shift it due to bills, but i'd grab one again in a heartbeat. Good mod platform for pickups too I found.
    Some more about me, my music and my record label: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/luke-crook/22/18/537

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I had a KX5 for a few years and it was a great guitar. Versatile, looked nice and well put together...
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10414
    I've got a Cort Mini Earth 3/4 acoustic.

Sounds Sh*t.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    I have a Cort Neil Zaza NZS-1 and its an excellent guitar. I don't play it much nowadays so may put it up for sale, but not sure. Great neck, quality thick quilt top, SD pickups. Great model.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16400
    I've long fancied a Cort MGM, quite similar to the M600 I think. Designed for a Les Paul user so it's a modern take on a Lester. MGM - Matt Guitar Murphy. Whaddya mean who? Young people today... :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5221

I don't think I've played the M models, but I had a play with a couple of the better spec'd G series guitars (strat/superstrat things) and thought they were really nice for the money they were asking. I'd still quite like one if it turned up at the right sort of price...

As others have said, chances are you've played several Cort guitars in your time since they manufacture for quite a few of the brands who have far-east models.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.