Twangy Baritones - Eastwood or Reverend?

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1497
I need a baritone electric for an album project coming up, and I'm wondering if anyone has compared these two side by side.

I don't want humbuckers - it's the clean, twangy, Twin Peaks / Steve Earle / Neko Case kind of baritone sound that I need, so I'm thinking P90s. The Reverend is literally twice the price of the Eastwood over here, is the upcharge justified?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1398
    Sorry I have no experience of these guitars but I have just baritone'd my squier bass vi and it's a great guitar. Would highly recommend
    How very rock and roll
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73076
    Seconded on the Squier - around £300 new and all the Twin Peaks twang you will ever want. Although you may need better strings, the ones they come with aren't great.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    No help at all but this thread reminded me of one of my favourite youtube vids EVA - 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1497
    The Squier Bass VI as opposed to the baritone Jazzmaster?
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    I've a Feder Japan Jaguar Baritone Custom, p/ups upgraded to SD Jaguar, hot in the bridge, vintage in the neck and it is a really well made guitar, does "Twin Peaks" and worth looking out for. @ICBM knows this guitar well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom