I enjoyed that, thanks. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Yea, interesting..
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Si_ said:
    Yea, interesting..
    Your quest might have taken a new path. :)
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    LOL... God help me... If I don't buy a decent amp soon I can see me trying a Kemper...
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    The Kemper does sound like plenty of decent/good/great amps in one box. :)
  • So are you buying another one then Drew?

As far as I'm concerned I want one, but can't justify it at the moment.  If I ever find myself touring or making money from recording I'm going to buy one.  Otherwise I'm happy with my amps for my own uses, plus I'd want to keep them if I got a Kemper.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    So are you buying another one then Drew?

As far as I'm concerned I want one, but can't justify it at the moment.  If I ever find myself touring or making money from recording I'm going to buy one.  Otherwise I'm happy with my amps for my own uses, plus I'd want to keep them if I got a Kemper.

I really do want one!! :))

But I am in the same boat as you. I've got two amps, my Marshall and an old Carlsbro PA head + Blackstar HT-Dual (backup rig) ... and I can record at home without any issue with volume (provided I am doing it during reasonable hours which I have cleared with my neighbour!) so I really don't need it.

To me, I'd really like to try one live. In a band rehearsal or gig situation, with a midi controller and four rigs for my different levels of gain. I'm not so fussed about it for recording.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26797
    edited October 2013
    Drew_fx said:
    I really do want one!! :))

But I am in the same boat as you. I've got two amps, my Marshall and an old Carlsbro PA head + Blackstar HT-Dual (backup rig) ... and I can record at home without any issue with volume (provided I am doing it during reasonable hours which I have cleared with my neighbour!) so I really don't need it.

To me, I'd really like to try one live. In a band rehearsal or gig situation, with a midi controller and four rigs for my different levels of gain. I'm not so fussed about it for recording.
    Possibly worth you getting the rack version with the power amp built in. Not cheap, but it really is all those amps in a box then.
    <space for hire>
    Indeed! I have thought about it, but I think I will wait until disabling the cab sims is closer to 100%
  • Drew_fx said:
    Indeed! I have thought about it, but I think I will wait until disabling the cab sims is closer to 100%
    Surely just use a load box and profile the amp with the load box's line out (ie without the speaker in the signal chain at all)?
    <space for hire>
    Yup, you can do that. But you can't always guarantee that a profile provider has done that.