Pickups in 1980 Ibanez ST50?

StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1497
I still have my first electric guitar, bought new in 1980, an Ibanez ST50. For years I've used it for slide, but I'm setting it up now as a high-strung guitar permanently, and to that end I've just ordered a pair of Oil City humbucker-sized P90s.

I know the pickups are Di Marzios (I actually remember peeling the Di Marzio stickers off them when I got the guitar home) and they're really hot, but does anyone know what model? I'm planning to sell them on - vintage Di Marzios seem to fetch a decent price on ebay?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    They didn't actually come with Dimarzio's, they were Ibanez V2 pickups, but they were made to sound like Dimarzio Super Distortions
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1497
    Yeah, I just saw that - weird, mine definitely had DiMarzio stickers right across the bobbins!

Seems the V2s were made by Maxon. There's one on ebay for $135.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    They do fetch reasonable money if you can find the right buyer - from what I recall, they're basically very close DiMarzio Super Distortion copies but with alnico magnets instead of ceramic.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --