Opinions on Ibanez S521?

GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4174
Given I'm an aching old git whose shoulders rebel against my Les Paul, I've been thinking of buying something much lighter. I didn't want to spend loads of money, just wanted something decent and simple to noodle on and not worry I'm going to feel crippled the next day.

I've had my eye on the Ibanez S521. Any of you folks tried one?

It's a bit of a treck to anywhere from here to try one and as Thomann is £50+ cheaper than anywhere I've seen in the UK I'm about ready to pull the trigger and order one. Any reason why I shouldn't? Any particular issues with the guitar?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Pretty hard to go wrong with one.  Not just for the metalz, I found mine could pretty much everything.  Very nice indeed to play.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4174
    Thanks Richard.

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    They look nice in the MOL finish. I haven't played one but I have tried an RG421 which apart from a couple of pointier ends, wouldn't be too different I shouldn't think...
    Yes the MOL finish looks great. Seems a nice, simple, unfussy guitar. 

I think I shall buy. :)

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    edited June 2015
    My s470 is pretty much there in terms of rocky LP alike tones at a fraction of the weight.. Never tried the s521 though
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I'm a big fan of the S series, extremely versatile guitars - only problem I have with them is they are almost too comfy, they just sort of disappear while you're playing them. :))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    Thanks everyone. I've ordered one. Hopefully I'll be posting a NGD in a few days.