Selling my first electric - unusual response...

What's Hot
usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
Recently decided, while cutting down on electrics, and saving up for a nice acoustic, to sell my first proper electric. 

I haven't really played it for years, and I had a go on it, the other day, and realised I'm not crazy about the neck, and how it plays, although I quite like the 'different' sound.. When I did play it more, I much preferred how it played to how it sounded, and considered changing the pickups..

I've got a lot of sentimental attachment to it, but I'm thinking it's daft to keep it, and not play it, when I could put the money towards something I will play. I'm not really feeling the whole electric thing, these days, am almost certain not to be joining a band, or playing out, in the future.

After a few days of the ad going live, I got an email. Oooohh, I thought. Got a bite, already!

Turned out to be a journalist, interested in doing a little story for Sunday Times magazine, I think it was. Thing is - there is a bit of a story, there, but I'm not really bothered about doing that. I did think about doing the story for about 5 minutes, though..

No proper interest in buying the guitar, yet, apart from a load of likes on Facebook, but no offers...
 so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Sunday times and I'd have bitten. Local shite rag and forget it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm intrigued about the story...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    I'm intrigued about the story...?
    Me too, I'm also intrigued as to what guitar it is...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    edited June 2015
    obviously not a very good journo if he doesn't know about THEFRETBOARD.CO.UK - -  could have all the stories there are if he did... and they'd be as interesting as sitting in here every day!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

!!STOP PRESS!! man sells cheap guitar in classifieds... More on Page 6
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Your Nick Hornby?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Marlin Sidewinder?
    /\ Hank Marlin more likely!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Well this is all a bit silly, breadcrumbs then silence, you knew these questions were going to be asked so why not just answer Instead of ignoring em?
    Is this an attention thing or are you afraid you will be ridiculed :-D are you David Gilmour?
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Oh my God, Elvis is alive!