Reverb free vst / impulse recommendations?

There seem to be so many out there. Anybody got any recommendations for good ones to use with reaper for home recording? I think I'm just looking for something to add a bit of natural sounding space / air, particularly to drums and vocals.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Not free but very cheap - ValhallaRoom.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    Epicverb by Variety of Sound and Ambience by Magnus Jonsson are good free options. 

For not much cash, Valhalla's reverbs are excellent. I've got Shimmer, Vintage Verb, and UberMod. 50 bucks a pop, can't go wrong.  I also use Liquidsonics Reverberate mostly for reverse options. Acon Verberate is in my demo plug folder right now and is quite decent. 

Going up the scale, the Exponential Audio stuff sounds amazing. Phoenixverb is so clean, tried it out on some cello and piano and it was beautiful. 

More free stuff: try SIR v1 by Christian Knufinke. LiquidSonics Reverberate LE (the free one). FreeverbToo.   

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    Oh and go to Togu Audio Line. Both the free reverbs are well worth picking up. 

• horsehorse Frets: 1587
    Cheers guys
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Buy a copy of Computer Music in print or online .. it comes with a mega amount of free VST plugins with some decent reverbs, delays, distortions and synths. Well worth the cover price.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • horsehorse Frets: 1587
    That's a useful tip thanks. I've started trying ambience today, couldn't use epicverb as using a mac.