NGD PRS SE245

rlwrlw Frets: 4768
edited June 2015 in Guitar
After a few weeks prevarication, during which time I bought and returned an Epi 1956 Tribute Goldtop, an Epi 1956 Standard Pro Goldtop (in blue) and a Gibson LP DC, all of which went back, I finally acquired @guitargeek62 s PRS SE245 Soapbar.  Black on black, 11s and plays really well and sounds like I imagine a P90 equipped guitar should.

Personally, I love the birds - they're just so different - but then I like my 2015 LP too.................

The first Goldtop sounded a bit hollow and light, the second one sounded great but was badly made and finished, the Gibson just wasn't quite right - again a bit hollow sounding - but the PRS is just spot on.  A car comparison, if you like, is the PRS sounds like a Ferrari V8 where two of the others sounded like big V6s (the second Epi being somewhere in between).  The Studio, currently, sounds like a hemi headed Dodge or Plymouth V8 and really needs sorting out.

The neck is a bit different to the 2015 Gibson neck but a few minutes playing and I'm used to it I reckon.  The Studio can now go and be set up properly again, and the pickups set up too, and then there's a contest to see which gets played the most.

Thanks Si and sorry I missed the tea - I just saw your email...............

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom