SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold! FS/FT: Reverse headstock white stratocaster relic - unusual one!

What's Hot
4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
edited July 2015 in Guitars £ tFB Trader
OK, first and foremost I am clearly stating THIS IS NOT A FENDER. It's a modified Squier and I'm selling it as such.

Mods - if any of the pictures break the rules, please let me know and I'll amend them / take them down or even take the listing down. I don't want to ruin the spirit of this site or sully my reputation by advertising something I'm not supposed to.

Right, now that's out of the way, I have this rather nice strat for sale!

It's an olympic white, reverse headstock model. Kinda like a Hendrix guitar but for right handed players! It's rather unusual - I've not seen one like this before. I can only assume someone got a left handed 70's headstock neck and put it on a right handed guitar. I believe the neck at least was a Squier from the 80s or 90s, probably the body too. It's a reasonably light guitar, no problems having it on for an entire gig.

Don't know what the body wood is, but I will be taking the scrachplate off as the volume pot is a little scratchy, so I'll replace that. I'll try check the wood whilst I'm at it.

The nut is an upgraded graphite and the saddles are graphtec. Pickups are Japanese Fender and Schaller hotrail with a nice amount of thickness and grunt. The in-between positions are particularly nice on this guitar. 

Tuners have been upgraded to Fender "F" logo and the neck plate is 70s "F" logo. 

As you can see, the headstock has had a fender logo added - looks like a pretty decent job too. I'll reiterate, I'm not trying to pass this off as a fender, it's a great guitar that just happens to have that logo on the headstock!

It has a lovely amount of body wear - I think it's natural?

Trem is set floating, you can get a good amount of both down and up bending and it holds it's tune very well indeed.

Action is lovely medium set at the moment. 

This really is a nice and unusual instrument, so I think £250 is a fair price?

I am somewhat reluctant to get rid, but I feel guilty when I take this one out to gig instead of my USA standard. Maybe I should sell that one instead but there you go ...

Some pics for your viewing pleasure ...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments