SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Fender Jaguar £500-£700

What's Hot
notanonnotanon Frets: 610
Looking for that vintage jag sound. I've seen a few classsic players on ebay and on here. I hope to be trying one later this week The Japanese 66 RI are supposed to be good if not better. Travelling from South Wales to North of England this week so if any for sale on route I'd be interested in trying them out. Any other advice apprciated.

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd advise you drop another £150 on it and buy my Johnny Marr Jag!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    edited June 2015
    i got the 66 ri for 600, brand new, those had a t serial number that people confused with being made in 1994, but they're actually from 2008 or around there. Mine is pretty much the only Jaguar I've played and I love it for clean stuff. I've upgraded the trem to AVRI, pickups to Seymour Duncan antiquity 2, pickguard and Staytrem bridge.. 

I've put it on ebay over the years as it does not get played much lately but can't sell it as it's too nice, I would lose money on the upgrades and I learnt most of what I know how to play on it as it's so easy to play. Plus, nothing sounds like a Jaguar, it' really got it's own character so it's nice to have around.

I play Mosrites for surf stuff these days, but the Jaguar still beats it for that old-school early 60's vibe, Mosrites are just too powerful, so the Jaguar has a more rounded Fender tone.

A 66Ri will probably be hard to find as they only made 300 of those, I wouldn't advise a Classic Player as the trem is moved forward, which defeats the whole Jaguar vibe for me, but you may like it like that. I would say Japanese or American is the way to go, the bound and blocks neck was an important factor for me, but it may not be for you.

Good luck! 

• notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    I'd advise you drop another £150 on it and buy my Johnny Marr Jag!
    Erm I'd love to try that Johnny Marr, that colour is fantastic. It really is pushing my budget that though. I can get the new fiesta red for just over £800, I realise there will no doubt be quality differences etc. You have already reduced price but if PM me if you can shave any more off I will be in Manchester over the weekend with cash. I'm not on this planet to step on toes or bug people but I'd struggle to justify that level of cash :-(
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    I'd advise you drop another £150 on it and buy my Johnny Marr Jag!
    Erm I'd love to try that Johnny Marr, that colour is fantastic. It really is pushing my budget that though. I can get the new fiesta red for just over £800, I realise there will no doubt be quality differences etc. You have already reduced price but if PM me if you can shave any more off I will be in Manchester over the weekend with cash. I'm not on this planet to step on toes or bug people but I'd struggle to justify that level of cash :-(