SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Classic Player Series Baja Telecaster - Heavily modified (Oil finish, BKP/Oil City pups)

juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
edited June 2015 in Guitars £

For Sale is my amazingly non-standard Baja Tele.

Essentially it was dropped chipping the finish of the body quite badly. Everything else was fine, we decided to try and re-finish it ourselves and set about stripping the lacquer and applying an oil finish. We used Wez's ( @WezV ) technique for this. This is all detailed here with lots of pictures: http://juansolo.co.uk/stompage/bajage.html

Prior to this I'd already ditched the S1 wiring (over complex for my simple self), gone standard with all high quality parts on that front. The bridge pup is an early BKP Blackguard Flat 52. Which got renamed later to the Flat 50... It's the meatier one anyhow and it's awesome. The front pup is a Custom Oil City P90 for Tele from Ash - @TheGuitarWeasel ;

The humbucker routing and pick guard was done by Jon @FelineGuitars I'm fairly sure I've got the original guard kicking about and will try to dig that out and throw that in.

Finally the back of the neck has received a bit of love from Cleggy to de-gloss it a bit.

As I say, non-standard ;)

I'll ship it in a Thomann Tweed hard case via courier.

Condition is actually pretty much mint. No fret wear as such and the lacquer took the brunt of the impacts so other than a couple of small marks on the back/side, you can barely tell.

Also, this is a light one :) 7lbs dead.

£500 delivered via insured courier. Less if you want to pick it up, obv. Selling for all the usual reasons, essentially I'm not working and could do with the cash to pay bills and stuff.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments