Epiphone pickup.

suv32suv32 Frets: 62
Now that I've got my sound near enough down on my new amps (apart from a speaker cab for the orange), I'm not too fussed on the p90 bridge pickup on my 1999 epiphone 56 goldtop anymore. Anyway, I measured the resistance and both pickups were identical (7.5kohms). It seems to me that the only aspects of the guitar that were used to give any variation in sound are the router chamber and the distance from the bridge. Anyway, a friend of mine has suggested I buy a wilkinson bridge p90 which measures 9.5kohms. I've check the spec and its an Alnico magnet too. I've found one on eBay brand new for £16 delivered, which seems like a fair deal but I can't help wonder if its going to make the guitar sound shitter, I mean, a pickup for £16?? We've got a baby on the way so bare knuckles and SD's are way out of the question and I know that us beggars can most certainly not be choosers. So, does anyone use Wilkinson pups on their guitar who can give me more of an educated insight? Thanks, Chris.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Budget wise I'd look at irongear I have their p90s in my SG and like them. Or for a bit more speak to ash on here

Worth noting quite a few pickup sets are the exact same pickups and the sound variation is due to their positioning on the guitar, so this isn't necessarily a bad thing.
  • suv32suv32 Frets: 62
    Did you fit the p90 with rubber spacers underneath or use the springs spacers that come with the screws?
    I used the foam blocks that were already under the Epiphone P90s I took out.
  • suv32suv32 Frets: 62
    Did you find they reduced feedback in any way? Cheers.
    suv32;662545" said:
    Did you find they reduced feedback in any way? Cheers.
    Got to be honest I've not had any feedback issues before the swap or after.