SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Feeler... WezV Strat/SG thingy and Telemaster partscaster.

juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
edited June 2015 in Guitars £
As mentioned in the Baja thread, sometimes purgeage has to take place... These two I'm much more reluctant to part with, and I genuinely have no idea what they're worth so might not sell them. But you never know.

First up is one of the most complete rebuilds ever. The only original parts being the control plate, strap buttons, jack plate and neck plate... So saying what it was doesn't really matter. But they're from a GFS offset thing that AndrewW bought back in the day. He started out the transformation by swapping the neck for a Fender item from a 50's Classic Player Strat (tuners came with it so are also Fender). He also made the utterly fantastic bakelite pickguard.

I got it from him not long after and found it all a bit heavy so had Wez ( @WezV ) make me a body for it. It's MUCH lighter, amazingly so and also is the right shape now. It's routed for 3 pups under the guard should you wish to go to town.

Bridge is a TV Jones Tele Savalas (yes really) bridge, with a TV Jones Powertron Plus bridge pup. Wiring is Fender Esquire so direct (vol only) on one setting, tone control on the next and sort of like a cocked wah on the final.

Belting thing. All very high quality parts (I hasten to add, worth far more sold separately, but gotta give someone the chance to snag it in it's most awesome form here).

Will come in a hard case. Courier delivered for £450... SOLD

Now this one I'm really in two minds about. It's a custom thing that I commissioned from Wez and I'm really rather attached to it. But I'm being brutal and trying to get down to two guitars (don't worry, the Stratele isn't going anywhere, ever).

The idea was a mahogany bodied super strat which ended up taking on a lot of characteristics of an SG. In that the body is very thin and has a carved top. I love it's very metal nature.

It's fitted with the new EMGs. Now before the haters jump on these, these don't sound like the EMGs of old. Indeed they've got a very passive sound about them, but with all the advantages of being active. They suit it down to the ground anyhow. All the electronics are EMG sourced and they're running at 18v with two batteries for even more tightness and headroom.

The neck is carved as a C to a mild V, basically like the Baja Telecaster as that's my favourite neck profile. Bridge is a Pigtail with Tonepros pegs. Planet Waves auto-trim tuners.

Again, will be shipped in a hard case via courier. £500.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16752
    a few construction pics - here is the StratSG in its raw mahogany state - really nice quality two piece body that has a thin skin black nitro finish

sound awesome!

the telemaster is really nice quality swamp ash and routed like this under the hood.  also thin skin sunken nitro

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    That Strat is a thing of beauty, I love the whole concept!
    Now the Baja's gone, I'm kinda hoping no-one bites on these... I'll leave them up, but if no-one does, I'll not be bothered to say the least.
    Telemaster sold: :) and a bit :( about that. Going to a friend though so not as painful as it could have been.