SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On Hold - Celestion Century Vintage 12" 8ohms - Neo Dymium Speaker for your bad back!

What's Hot
king_b1king_b1 Frets: 11
edited October 2015 in Amps £

CELESTION G12 CENTURY VINTAGE NEO MAGNET 12" GUITAR SPEAKER

BRAND NEW

Celestion G12 Century Vintage - 8ohm

Bought to put in my gigging amp, then went and bought a new gigging amp of here before i even loaded the speaker" GO figure.....GAS

£75 of your fine english pounds 

Blurb from Celestion as follows - 

With the Celestion G12 Century Vintage, Celestion's mission was to create a loudspeaker that combined all the benefits of a Neodymium magnet structure with a voicing that evoked the classic guitar tones of the 1960s and ’70s. 

The incredible magnetic properties of Neo mean that only a small amount is needed to produce the same flux as a much larger ceramic magnet structure. What’s more, the magnet of the Celestion G12 Century Vintage is a ‘pot’ type which actually sits inside the voice coil (unlike the ‘ring’ magnet of the G12 Century which surrounds the voice coil). The resulting weight of the Celestion G12 Century Vintage is just 1.66kg (3.65lb). 
The Neo characteristics of fast attack, responsiveness and articulation are very much in evidence. However this specific magnet configuration, combined with a carefully selected cone material and edge treatment, gifts the Celestion G12 Century Vintage with a classic rock sound for the new millennium. 

Specification

Nominal diameter

12", 305mm
Power Rating

60w
Nominal impedance

16ohm
Sensitivity

98dB
Chassis typePressed Steel
Voice coil diameter 
1.75", 44.5mm
Magnet type 

Neodymium
Frequency Range75Hz-5000Hz
Resonance freq.70Hz
Unit Weight3.65lb, 1.66kg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• king_b1king_b1 Frets: 11
    Open to offers as i need to buy a dimarzio hot t pick up for my current tele build
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Which other celestion does it sound most like ?
    It is voiced similar to the vintage 30  with a good classic rock sound in the british end of the park. Less mid range hump

Here is a link to a review that summed up my research on the interweb; so i believe it is quit accurate,

• Still for Sale

• Come on someone buy it so I can buy a pedal or something....

• Is it broken in?
  • No unfortunately not.... I didn't have the heat to put it in your lovely Omega modded HRD. Have um'd about putting it in another amp but seemed pointless as its a pine cab that's light as a feather
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Postage?
  • £5 so £80 all in. Know it will cost more than that but ney bother
  • Man. I really miss that Omega HRD. I can't get the same pick attack and ferocity of volume response from other amps, they all sound compressed in comparison.....

I miss it sooooooooo much.....

I have money now.......

M ;)
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 565
    Hmmmmm . . .
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• i normally hate the sound of that... as its comes from the womans mouth..... Hmmmmm......

In this case it seems like you may be tempted .....

Come on feel the celestion love.... think of your poor back.... Half price brand new speaker.....

• photekphotek Frets: 1470
    I have just swapped over from lovely old UK made V30's to a pair of these and they are brilliant. Similar to the old V30's, a touch brighter but in the mix easily dialed back to where I want them. Massive reduction in cab weight so winning all round :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • See now you got me tempted to put it in my HRD and remove the cannabis rex it came with
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    PM'd
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8075
    edited September 2015
    king_b1 said:
    See now you got me tempted to put it in my HRD and remove the cannabis rex it came with
    The Cannabis Rex is awesome in the HRD.  Particularly if you pair it wihj a Swamp Thang in a separate 1x12 cab.  
    Glorious sounding.

edit:  oh, wait.....you know this already...... ;)
    TheMarlin said:
    king_b1 said:
    See now you got me tempted to put it in my HRD and remove the cannabis rex it came with
    The Cannabis Rex is awesome in the HRD.  Particularly if you pair it wihj a Swamp Thang in a separate 1x12 cab.  
    Glorious sounding.

edit:  oh, wait.....you know this already...... ;)
    Indeed sir as do you. :) Love it by the  way so I did see you mention you might be interested in it back but im going to hang on to it. If I do at some point further down the line decide to change you will be the first to know.

I do find the swamp thing a little dark for my tastes. So I might wait till I get back from hols and try the century vintage and decide. Hence im putting this on hold!