NGD - Don't open if you have an aversion to relics. :)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Beauty
    Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4264
    Thanks guys! :)

Definitely like the neck profile. It is a millions miles away from my LP though, which should in theory also have a '59 profile'. The ES is definitely more D, with big shoulders, feels really chunky. The LP is definitely more C, minimal shoulder, doesn't really feel very chunky at all in comparison.

Not sure I have any idea what a 59 profile is any more though. Don't think either of these would have fitted the category of what I thought a 59 profile was in my head. Both great, and it doesn't matter, just saying.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Happy new guitar day.  Looks great.
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    im just a little excited.... ooo ooo mr beasley
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Very nice, tastefully done relicing. I approve, which will make you sleep better I'm sure!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I actually like that, I don't mind patina, it's the artificial war wounds I find comical.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23009
    edited June 2015
    I love it!  Looks great.

Was the relic work done at the factory?  The finish checking looks very similar to my LP Junior and Special, but they were independently aged after leaving the hands of Gibson.

@Philly_Q ; Yeah, these are factory aged. Looks pretty decent in my opinion, even under close inspection.

It's the same as this one at Peach. Will see some better pic's there of how the ageing looks, it is pretty much an identical guitar, picked up the same day:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/semi-acoustic/gibson-custom-1959-es-335-dot-reissue-lightly-aged.htm

@CloudNine  That one looks excellent too!  Pricey, but I guess that's no surprise.

Here's my Jr.  The ageing really is very similar:

imageimage
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    That is a beauty indeed.

335 GAS engaged? You bet @RMJ
    @Philly_Q That is definitely very similar looking ageing. Awesome looking guitar.

Have major GAS for a Jr. Trying to find a way to justify buying a proper vintage one. It would mean selling some guitars that I really don't want to lose though, so will have to wait... Always seems to be plenty of them for sale though, so hopefully the prices won't go through the roof anytime soon.
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, there always seem to be lots of vintage Juniors around - especially in the USA - and they're still not that much more expensive than a new Gibson Historic.

Of course venturing into the vintage market you get all those questions about refins, repairs, original parts.... but if you just want a guitar which plays and sounds good, they're always there.