do i need a great buffer i.e. Pete Cornish.......

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    ICBM said:
    (a) You may be over-thinking it. If you've got four true bypass pedals and your total length of (good quality) cable is about thirty feet or under it's unlikely you will notice any difference - at least not with a good buffer that doesn't colour the sound at all.

(b) I would do as already said - get a useful other pedal which has a good buffer in it and see whether it makes any difference. If it doesn't, you still have a useful other pedal.
    (a) I always thought that the cut-off point was somewhere between 10 and 20 feet? I could be wrong, though (or what I read could've been wrong). Certainly I always feel a buffer helps when I normally have 10 feet going into the pedals and then another 10ft after them.

(b) Yeah, that's why I suggested the soulfood (fwiw the visual sound/puretone buffer is in their pedals, but they might be a bit dear... I got the route 808 when thomann had it cheap :D). When I got mine it was 1 euro more than the standalone visual sound buffer, I figured I might as well get a pedal as well for (near enough) free. :D

I guess the only slight problem with the pedal approach is that it may be slightly less reliable than a standalone buffer if it has a 3pdt switch which is constantly being kicked on and off (like the soul food does).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom