TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7711
Anyone used these? Am considering the locking, post-height-adjustable set

Any experiences?

http://www.g-gotoh.com/international/?btp_product=sd91

Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27696
    I had a set of non-locking height adjustable ones and found hem a little annoying, if I'm honest. Nothing really wrong with them, but nothing good enough to make me buy another set.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I like the boring sd91 set. A string tree and it's solid - no need for locking as they're dead easy to resting and totally solid. Just give your strings a good stretch to make sure it's tight against the post :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7711
    I had a set of non-locking height adjustable ones and found hem a little annoying, if I'm honest. Nothing really wrong with them, but nothing good enough to make me buy another set.
    @stickyfiddle what was it about them that was annoying - is use or setting up the height stagger or ...  ?
    Red ones are better. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27696
    They're just a bit fiddly to setup with the capstan twizzling when it doesn't on normal tuners. No problem once strung up, and entirely possible the locking ones aren't the same, having said that.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ADPADP Frets: 184

I had a set that I tried on a Strat once in the hope that I could get rid of the string tree. It turns out that you can't get enough of an angle on the top two strings to dispense with the tree after all, which is why the Fender Eric Johnson model has a modified headstock. If that's why you're looking at the tuners, then you might want to be aware of that.

That's exactly why I'd be doing it. Noted - ta! 

Might just get the non-height-adjust-but-still-locking version of them then 

thanks
    Red ones are better. 
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Suhr guitars seem to scrape by without a string tree using Sperzel locking tuners.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • TimmyO;671123" said:
    That's exactly why I'd be doing it. Noted - ta! 

Might just get the non-height-adjust-but-still-locking version of them then 

thanks
    I just put a string tree on my strat and the high e and b strings are clearer and sustain slightly longer. It has staggered tuners.

I put the tree in line with the d tuner - so it's a little further back than usual, but after a lot of experimentation I found it was just right.
    frankus said:
    Suhr guitars seem to scrape by without a string tree using Sperzel locking tuners.
    They do staggered ones I presume? I'll take a look 
    Red ones are better.