What guitar shape is this?

What's Hot
olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
I was looking at Guitar Kits from Guitar Kit World.com, and came across this. I think it is a Mustang, but I was always under the impression that the Mustang body was longer, and the belly shape was different. Guitar Kit World describe it as an "MU Guitar Kit".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72508
    It's not far away from a Jag-Stang, which is a sort of lopsided bastard child of a Jaguar and a Mustang. It's not exact though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    ICBM said:
    It's not far away from a Jag-Stang, which is a sort of lopsided bastard child of a Jaguar and a Mustang. It's not exact though.
    I was thinking something like that, but the top left on the Jagstang is less rounded, the Jagstang also has a shorter scale length.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Guitar Kit World describe it as an "MU Guitar Kit".

"MU" - mixed up? messed up?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Guitar Kit World describe it as an "MU Guitar Kit".

"MU" - mixed up? messed up?
    Either way it is a nice shape, I wonder if anyone makes a decent guitar in this shape without going fully custom.
    https://guitarkitworld.com/product/6-string-guitar-kits/mu-guitar-kit/

Here is the link, I also noticed it comes with a S/S/S Pickguard and Strat Bridge, it is just like a disfigured Strat.
    It very closely resembles a Fender Bass VI, or the Warmoth copy at least.
    I was thinking something like that, but the top left on the Jagstang is less rounded, the Jagstang also has a shorter scale length.
    You can't always go by the scale length - for example Warmoth do a 'Swinger' (originally 22.5"-scale) body designed for a modern 25.5"-scale neck.

It does actually remind me strongly of something else too, but I can't quite recall it just now. I think the whatever it was also had two angled single-coils a bit like a Mustang, but I could be wrong.

Definitely nothing like a Mustang shape though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    That's pretty much the shape of the ibanez road core
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    timmysoft said:
    No, that's not what I'm thinking of. Nor is a Westone Cutlass, which I checked earlier! The whatever-I'm-thinking-of does have a switch on the lower horn too, I think.

This is getting irritating ;).

I sent them an email, and they said it was a modified mustang.
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    ICBM said:
    timmysoft said:
    No, that's not what I'm thinking of. Nor is a Westone Cutlass, which I checked earlier! The whatever-I'm-thinking-of does have a switch on the lower horn too, I think.

This is getting irritating ;).

jt60?
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Reminiscent of some of the Reverend shapes, although not identical. 

Maybe even a Firebird X !
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    looks quite close to the Marauder reissue as well
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Ah, that looks like it - I'd forgotten about those. Did they do one with a toggle switch and two angled pickups as well? Or am I still thinking about something else?

I think thats a cyclone?

The is the Jaguarillo thing as well and some pawnshop varieties. 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2426
    Marauder?