ESP LTD 213

What's Hot
ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
I bought one of these blind, i.e. without trying it first. After a bit of smoothing to the fret ends and new strings, it plays great. The thing that confused me was the neck - ESP describe it as "Thin U" so I expected a thin neck. But it is nicely chunky! Did I misunderstand Thin U or have I got an abnormally chunky neck?! :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    I wanted one of their relic strats a while back.

What colour did you go for?
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    edited June 2015
    thin U is nice, not skinny at all

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Dark trans blue. Pickups are ok clean but very good with some crunch. The bridge-middle combination is superb!

Thanks @Moltisanti, thats just what I wanted to know. So its the same for the LTD teles I guess...
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    I just acquired a 203FR the other day and its a pretty good guitar for very little money. The ESP /LTD necks are pretty comfy, wide and 'slim' with some meat in there as well. So not thin and wide like my RG550. Just enough meat to make it feel like a handful, yet not a huge behemoth like my usual Tele club necks. Beats Fender's 'Modern C' profile by a mile in terms of playability.

Great fretwork and the upper access on them is pretty phenomenal for a four boy neck joint.

They are a bit heavy on average I hear and mine is pretty hefty. Which suits me as I quite like a heavy guitar with overdriven guitar tones, when played loud at gig volume.

This one has had a few 'upgrades' so it isn't stock. I'm looking out for some suitable neck and middle pickups to match the SD that has been added by a previous owner.

Been using it all week and it held up well last weekend when played in anger with the band. So I give them a thumbs up.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    Nice!, so the neck is deffo 'chunkier' than a Fender modern 'C' shaped neck?
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Looks great.  HNGD.
  • Doug;670168" said:
    Nice!, so the neck is deffo 'chunkier' than a Fender modern 'C' shaped neck?
    I didn't find it fatter so much as more shouldered - the shape itself is bigger, if that makes sense. Very comfy necks indeed.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I had one loaded with Seymour ssl5s, sounded incredible and the neck was absolutely superb.