Pick-up identification help - bit of an obscure one but worth asking...

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3767
I was given these two pick-ups which I was told came out of a Parker Nitefly as the guy who bought it wanted a specific set put in.  But I can't for the life of me work out what they are from Parker catalogues as the only Parker with pick-ups that are chrome covered come in sets of Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates and Custom Custom or Seymour Duncan JB and 57s.

I've never seen the back of an SD pick-up look like this but then I'm far from an expert!  I did a quick test using a multimeter against the positive and negative parts of jack cable, which is clearly not particularly scientific, but I think both came out around 9 ohms.

Any ideas?  Only reason I ask is I'm shifting them and want to try and work out what they might be worth!

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Looks like someone wax potted them. Any makers sticker would probably be hiding underneath...

Previously known as stevebrum
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3767
    I thought so.  But the odd thing is, I was told they were taken out as stock.  Is there any easy way to remove the wax or would it ruin them?

My band, Red For Dissent
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    I've got 3 Parkers, 2 NiteFlys and 1 MidiFly.  These have a combination of singlecoil and humbucker pickups, none of which are like that one.  If it is from a NiteFly, I suspect it would be from a NiteFly Mojo.  From a quick google, looks like some of those (twin humbucker guitars) shipped with cover, some didn't.  Try the Parker forum, I'm sure somebody there can help identify it, and do PM me if you want any more Parker info.  I know at least a couple of others on this forum are Parker fans, including (not surprisingly) @Parker

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    They look like generic Korean pickups.

I don't think they're 'Duncan Designed', and they're definitely not real Duncans.

No point in removing the wax, there won't be anything else legible under it most likely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

That's enough info for me! £25 for the pair sound fair?

My band, Red For Dissent
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    Got to be, if they work.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Yeah, they work fine. Nice, clean pickups with a lot of clarity. Just not enough bite for me (still love the Sidewynders I got from you).

Cheers!

My band, Red For Dissent
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Ibanez maybe? There aren't many brands use a blue wire.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Modern Ibanez S58 springs to mind...
    They do look like S58s. Interesting. Oh, well, listed them on a local Facebook group at £25.

My band, Red For Dissent