Epiphone G-1275 Doubleneck Guitar Cherry

What's Hot
gfsgfs Frets: 10
i thought these models were discontinued.? 
looked on a few online shops and find there are quite a few in stock at the mo in uk.? couldn't get one for love or money last year.?

i could not resist the temptation of ordering one though. cant wait for delivery in couple of weeks.

im little bit miffed why the guitar does not come with a epiphone hard case, though ive since found they are releasing a g-1275 hardcase retailing at £95. you would have thought it would have come with hardcase considering the weight of this beast.

anyone else have one these babys or thinking of getting one.?
thoughts please..?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3387
    Have you played one? I cant justify that amount of money for a plywood body.
  • gfsgfs Frets: 10
    yes played one in shop, very very nice to play and great tone capabilties esp with the toggle switch for 6 string and 12 string.

I read all about the argument with regards this guitar being made out of plywood, according to epiphone specs from website, it says select mahogany. as far as I'm aware the body is not made from plywood as suggested by few.

• gfsgfs Frets: 10
    just found this in the epi forum, it answers a few questions regards to the g-1275 body.

Hi Mr. Moon,

Thank you for the post and your participation in the forum. First, I'm very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your G-1275 purchase. Additionally, it's clear to me that we, as well as our retailers, are causing some confusion with regards to the specifications of this product. I apologize for this and I invite you to return your purchase to your authorized Epiphone retailer for a complete refund. If you have any problem doing this, please email me directly via this forum and I will take care of it personally. We will be adjusting the wording of the body specifications to more coincide with our customer expectations for this product.

That said, our G-1275 is made from laminated Mahogany and has been since it's introduction approximately 15 years ago. This includes both the price list model (cherry) and any/all limited editions. During that time, I have not been aware of any confusion regarding this specification nor any major customer complaints until now. Laminated wood is not new and it is not unusual in guitar production. There are many laminated Spruce top acoustics as well as most all "ES" model guitars made with laminated (layered) tone woods.

The reason that we make the G-1275 from laminated Mahogany has to do with the size of the body (remember - this is almost the width of 2 guitars) and the stress it is under given the 2 necks (12-string and 6-string). Given our cost target, if the body were solid Mahogany, it would have to be made from many multiple pieces. We tested this approach when we were first considering the release of this model. Unfortunately, what we found was that the body tended to warp. Therefore, our Engineering staff decided to use a laminated piece of Mahogany providing much more strength and stability. And - testing showed that there was no significant change in tone.

While I recognize that $800 is a lot to spend on a guitar, please compare it to the solid wood Gibson version for 5-times more at ~$3,999. In that light, we believe that our G-1275 remains a tremendous value and a great guitar.

Once again, I do apologize for your disappointment and I look forward to gaining back your confidence.

Sincerely,
    Jim Epi 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited June 2015
    I had one a few years back when they dicontinued them last time round. Coda were blowing them out for £350 odd. Was a lovely intrument, played and sounded very good. I only got rid as i got a 12 string Ric and couldnt at the time justify both. Wish i still had it. They are not made of ply in tbe same way an Epi les paul isnt. Instead they are made of a mahogany core with lamiate front and back to give that nice tight grain look. Mine had some flame to the top. Look at the body edge when you get it.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Wow was from me.
    Say what you like about Epiphone but that right there is a big company actually giving a shit what a customer and a player actually thinks and he offered a full refund if the man is unhappy.

Epiphone have impressed me with that.

Even if it's just one enlightened individual typing it, he's done him and his company proud with that and such an in depth explanation.

I hope you are happy with your 1275.
    Now go learn Stairway, every bit of it, it will be expected of you so you may as well learn it well and blow them away when they ask you to play it !
    HNGD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    You'll be needing a dragon suit, too..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.