Should I build a Jazzmaster?

What's Hot
ChéChé Frets: 305
edited June 2015 in Guitar
Basically... after much soul searching and wallet emptying I've come to the conclusion that I need to build my own gutiar to get what I want from a guitar. But even that opens up a whole can of worms.
This is completely new terriroty for me so I'm not sure whether to go the Warmoth route, modify something existing, or have some one else do it.

Pretty much I'd like this guitar with a natural body finish, adjusto-matic and a P Rail's (although I think WRHB's look cooler):

Switching wise I could do something akin to this:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/artist-interview/thrice-p-rails/

What do you guys reckon? Get a CP Jazz and put P Rails in it? Get one of Fender's HH Jazzer's with coiltap and refinish it? Buy a Ronaldo sig, add a tone knob and shut up?

edit: Looks like some-one beat me to it
https://reverb.com/item/672610-fender-jazzmaster-hh-rosewood-seymour-duncan-p-rails-chrome
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Classifieds?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    edited June 2015
    Grrrrrr. IPhone. Thanks man >:D<

Edit: altered original WTB post
    Anyone?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72511
    The Fender is probably the easiest option.

I'd put the switches for the P-Rails in the 'Jazzmaster rhythm circuit' position, but apart from that it would be fairly straightforward to convert I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cheers man, I think the Fender HH Jazzmaster would be easiest given it's routed for humbuckers and P rails would retrofit. Sigler music sell one that's been converted with push pull knobs for the P rail functions which looks cool. Suppose I could always refinish it.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    buy a les paul if you want p-rails and a TOM
    You are removing the essence of the guitar by removing its 2 defining features (and the mastery/staytrem bridges are much better and a better match for the radius of the neck etc etc)

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7158
    buy a les paul if you want p-rails and a TOM
    You are removing the essence of the guitar by removing its 2 defining features (and the mastery/staytrem bridges are much better and a better match for the radius of the neck etc etc)

Ignore this and do what you want fella.

;)
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    sorry, I am grumpy today!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    edited June 2015
    I'm happy with the jazzmaster bridge and tremolo system. I'd just get an American Special otherwise. The body is what appeals to me mainly. Jazzmaster with the sustain of a Les Paul and a tremolo. Think the tremolo limits sustain though.
    My mastery bridge makes my JM ring as long as my Les Paul.
    Look at sonic youth and their switch from TOM bridges to Mastery.