SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Esquire Build Copper Aged

What's Hot
lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851

£500 buys you the following: I know nothing can be based on upgrades and all that shite, but this has cost roughly £500 to amass in parts before the work that went into it...

I have recently finished an Esquire build that I had every intention of keeping, It has been 3 years in the making, it's been a multitude of colours and the neck was an experimental piece for me to use new methods to check the lacquer. It's an Allparts soft V 7.25" radius with a Tusq Nut, the body is a guitar build job If I remember rightly, but it maybe a Mexican Tele(I had 4 that I  was working on at the same time and I've no idea which one was which)...It's got a Dimarzio Tru-Velvet pup in there, all the hardware has also been part of my experimental Hydrochloric Acid aging...The Loom was built by Marc at Mojo pickups and has a pair of Jookys signature PIO caps in it, I do still have to attach the jack socket in it, just haven't got around to doing it. Finish was done by staining the wood initially with iron oxide before a white primer was laid down and a Crescent Bronze Copper coat with 3 tinted clear coats and a few pure clears. Checked and aged not too over the top based on a few custom shop jobbies I found online.

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andrewandrew Frets: 47
    Stunning guitar!
    Sarcasm is often hard to detect in writing. If in doubt - yes, I was taking the piss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118

Stunning - interested in a guitarbuild tele body loaded with oil city pups in part ex?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    edited June 2015
    monofin said:

Stunning - interested in a guitarbuild tele body loaded with oil city pups in part ex?

Jesus man, I've only just finished this one, couldn't be starting again!!!!    ...sorry mate, too many on the bench already, currently working on an Antigua Burst Deluxe, Paisley Tele, Candy Apple Green Jazzmaster and a Trans White Thinline for myself...all are on the backboiler due to other work but couldn't possibly bring myself to knock up another!!! cheers for the offer though.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118

^^ No worries.

I'll sleep on it and wait to find out how much the new turbo on my car's gonna cost tomorrow before I commit

Jase

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    Woah - if I didn't already have my parts ordered then I'd have this off you, this is pretty much exactly the level of wear I'm after on mine! Did you age the hardware too?
  • wow! really like this!

do you do finance..... :/
  • Pretty much the coolest guitar I've ever seen.  If my L4 sells I'll be joining the queue...
  • Awesome
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12408
    this guitar makes my willy go Boooiiingggg
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • How many positions is the switch, and what's the wiring scheme?

3 position mate, and it's whatever Mojo pickups do with an esquire loom

http://www.mojopickups.co.uk/harnesses.php.

the only difference is the caps have Jooky printed on them instead of Mojo

• horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    that is sooooo good it hurts!
    Woah - if I didn't already have my parts ordered then I'd have this off you, this is pretty much exactly the level of wear I'm after on mine! Did you age the hardware too?
    Yeah Simon, all hardware aged by my fair hand and a tub of Hydrochloric acid.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    lamf68;673452" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

Got my acid delivered today :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    jd0272 said:
    lamf68;673452" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

Got my acid delivered today :)
    Jase, just take your time with it, wear a decent pair of rubber gloves and if you've got a respirator make sure that's on your face before you stick your face anywhere near it, that shit is real bad news when you breathe it in, I did it a few times before deciding to get the proper gear out the cupboard....if possible open the containers outdoors.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Thats gorgeous

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    edited June 2015
    lamf68 said:
    I'm sold.

*Runs off to chase USACG for neck & body*